Faurot Park Fireworks show

Lima, Ohio

Faurot Park Fireworks show Lima Reviews

prism_lace prism_la…
Jul 04, 2007
Since I have been young, I remember my family going to Faurot Park, located in the southern section of Lima, for the best fireworks show in northwestern Ohio (Washington, D.C. fireworks show excluded for 2 obvious reasons: locally unproducable results without incinerating your neighbor's house, and it's not in Ohio). What's so great?!

1. The fact that it's free. Anyone can walk into the park without feeling obliged to contribute to the city's monetary fund. In fact, if you need any money at all is only because of the fair-like vendors who also attend. If you have kids, you will feel the pressure of allowing your children to experience the park's activities. There are simple rides, and food items of all kinds. If you don't have kids, the event is budget-friendly.

2. You can arrive one hour ahead of the show, and still find a good seat!! The park is huge, and once you find out where it is that the town sets off their fireworks, any spot will do. Make sure you take a large blanket on which to lounge, a digital camera, and a light jacket.

3. The fireworks show is not a disappointment. Granted, Lima is not a small town by any means, but I've never considered it a large city either. All you have to do is lay back, and the show is over your head.

4. The "Grand Finale" is awesome! Picture, if you will, the scene: 2 lines of fireworks and two people with a large match each (or torch, it's your imagination), running up and down these lines and setting off at least 50 fireworks at one time. I have no idea if they actually run up and down doing this; I'm sure there's some eningeering feat involved, and a switch that says "Fire in the hole!"

This year I went with my niece and nephew, and our review of the Grand Finale was reactive. Basically we saw about 15 or so little lights shoot up into the sky, and we all went, "Oh crap... plug your ears!" It was so explosive that you could feel the booms in your heart, and it was so visually appealing that you could shut your eyes afterwards, and relive the show behind your eyelids.

If you find yourself in Lima, Ohio, over the July 4th weekend, and have no idea what to do for a fireworks show, I highly reccomend you grabbing your blanket and loved ones and head over to Faurot Park.
PhinsAndGills says:
I'll have to check out Lima's some year... maybe I'll help shoot it someday! :)
Posted on: Jul 11, 2007