Father's Guesthouse

Cameron Highlands, Malaysia
Father's Guesthouse - The jeeps you are in for the tour.

Check Cameron Highlands Hotel Deals

Father's Guesthouse Cameron Highlands Reviews

yoanna87 yoanna87
guesthouse with a nice atmosphere Feb 27, 2012
I stayed at Father's Guesthouse because I couldn't book anything in advance and this guesthouse was recommended to me by people I was on a minibus with. Their daughter was already at the hostel so she reserved a place for me and my friend. We stayed in a dorm, which was huge. I think it had 16 or 18 beds. But the room was very big so it wasn't a problem. And there were no bunk beds so it was nice. But I didn't like the fact that there were no lockers and the door was open all the time so anybody could get in - didn't feel really safe. When I asked about the lockers I was told that they used to have it but it happened few times that somebody tried to break into them so they took them away. I don't really understand it as it's better to have a locker and risk that someone might want to break it than have all your things next to your bed.. At the end I decided to give my passport and laptop to the reception staff and they put it in their safe. But I wasn't happy as I had to ask every time I wanted to use it. Another thing I didn't like was that it was getting quite cold at night and therefore it was too cold in the room for my liking... But apart from it I quite enjoyed my stay there. There is a nice common room with sofas and fish tanks. You can also watch a movie there and chat with other travellers. And it's only a short walk to the town centre.
cthunder86 says:
lovely review
Posted on: Sep 07, 2012
Africancrab says:
Nice review, thanks for sharing.
Posted on: Mar 02, 2012
yoanna87 says:
Posted on: Feb 29, 2012
d2amy d2amy
I loved this place! So cute, and perfect temp. Jun 06, 2011
This place was so cute. Hostel world wasn't any help on hostels in Cameron Highlands, at least to my knowledge anyways, sothe fact I came across this place I was really happy.

The staff were more than helpful and they always had a smile on their face. Even though the lady owner got a bit mixed up about where our mini bus took us, actually no, she knew where it took us, but told us we could get a bus from pudaraya to Melakka, WHICH IS FALSE, but that's ok. Even if she was trying to make a buck, I didn't mind all that much.

I stayed in the dorm room, which if I remember correctly had 20 beds, all single bed, no bunks, and it was in the biggest room I had ever seen, in Asia anyways. The beds weren't fantastic, but there were no slats digging into your side, and there were more than enough blankets. Although none of the sheets fit the mattresses properly so when you woke up in the morning you ended up sleeping on the dirty matress and not the clean sheets, which if I wasn't sick as a dog while here i probably would have cared a lot.

This hostels also runs daytours of the Highlands and it was very good. Not too too expensive, but worth it if you have a bit of money to spend on this, I think it only ended up being 7 USD for a half day tour, where you get to go to the highest peak, a tea plantation, the BOH tea factory, a butterfly farm and some other place(can't remember). You can do a full day tour, which ends quite late, around 7(because of the traffic) and get to see a few more places, which are easily done on your own.

I loved the Cameron Highlands, and will be back, as well as to this hostel.
The jeeps you are in for the tour.

Check Cameron Highlands Hotel Deals