Jakarta, Indonesia

Fatburger Jakarta Reviews

pearcetoyou pearceto…
Fatburger...maybe not as fat as you would think Aug 06, 2011
The Fatburger restaurant has locations in L.A., Las Vegas, NYC, Hong Kong, Miami, Dubai, and Jakarta. Our visit to the one in Jakarta was my first at any of them. It’s advertised that Fatburger was voted best burger place in Los Angeles, so I definitely had to see how it stacks up against the likes of In n Out.

Of course, this was Jakarta, so the burgers might not be exactly like they are back in L.A. or other places, but after trying my first Fatburger I would have to say I would not vote it best burger in L.A. or even in Jakarta. I didn’t find their special sauce on the burger to be all that special, and the burger wasn’t as big as I thought it would be. I could have opted for a double or triple, but the pictures made the single cheeseburger look to be bigger than it was.

Besides the burger, everything else was good, including the onion rings and fries. The restaurant has a nostalgic feel to it and the staff was all friendly, but I probably won’t visit the Fatburger again, at least not in Jakarta. And while in L.A. or Vegas, I’m probably going to stick with the In n Out.
pearcetoyou says:
Well, there is no smoking in this one in Jakarta, so you don't have to worry about that. But you're not missing anything if you don't make it.
Don't know about the location in Hong Kong, I was just going by what their sign says. Maybe it did close.
Posted on: Aug 07, 2011
kevinhongkong says:
Hmmm, I think I was going to try a Fatburger (of which I have never had even in the USA) in Jakarta, but from what I remember it was incredibly smokey (cigarettes) in the restaurant that I could not stand it. :( Your review has made me google Fatburger here in Hong Kong, but what I can find is that it is closed here. Don't know if that is a good or a bad thing - I need to lose a little weight. :-/
Posted on: Aug 07, 2011