Fat Yogi Cottages

Check Bali Hotel Deals

Fat Yogi Cottages Bali Reviews

feline_p feline_p
Just an average place Mar 04, 2011
On my last visit to Bali, Indonesia in November 2010, I stayed at Fat Yogi Cottage located at Poppies Lane 1, Kuta, Bali for two nights. I would describe the exterior part of the hotel as quite impressive as it has a fine looking swimming pool opposite the small reception counter and this has drawn me to stay there for the night/s.

At that time, some parts of the hotel was undergoing some construction work and the rooms close to the construction work was cheaper in terms of rate and are labeled as the old rooms. I paid RP270k per night for what they termed as the 'old' room which I thought was a lot cheaper than the new rooms, which was about RP 300k onwards (I can't really recall the exact rate).

Nearby Fat Yogi Cottages were many other cheaper accommodations, but I thought I'd like to try out this place, because of the first impression it gives.

When I finally got into the room, I was appalled by the condition of the room. The room comes with a private balcony to hang out at, but basically the room was dusty and the AC was functioning poorly. The toilet was in a deplorable state and I do not want to even step into it without my slippers on. There was no TV too. Well, it's not that I'm there to watch TV, but it would be nice to have one in the room for some entertainment at least. In fact,to compare, there was another place I stayed at (Rita Inn) , at RP220 k a night which had a TV in the room.

Regardless of whether you are staying in the new rooms or old ones, a hotel room should be reasonably clean and in good conditions for the guests, otherwise do not bother offering any.

Well, I'm afraid I wasn't very pleased with the whole experience staying at Fat Yogi. I do not want to start whining about the hostile looking staff now (not all of them, maybe just one who leaves a negative impression till this very day), but basically it wasn't that nice of a stay after all.

Well, you know what they say, you've to test the water to know how it is, so I did and I think I'm done with that place- period.
feline_p says:
Thank God somebody knows what I'm talking about!hehehe..the only cool thing was the pool n the garden..other than that, shaiitt...hehehehe...:P
Posted on: May 23, 2011
iramalama says:
I stayed here a long time ago. It was much cheaper then...but the rooms sound similar...probably worse now! At least the gardens and pool were nice...and great location too!
Posted on: May 23, 2011
mother_eve3088 mother_e…
Affordable, friendly staff, near beach, amazing location Jul 07, 2011
Fat Yogi is a hotel that I have been going to fo the past 18 years. The rooms are easily affordable (the new ones are very luxurious and have a great view over the rooftops surrounding it - sounds unattractive until you see the roofs which are beautiful red terracotta tiles in amazing shapes and forms).

The breakfast is tasty and you can chose between fresh fruits, pancakes, eggs cooked any style , all comes with coffee or tea, always on time and brought to your room up until 9.30am.

All rooms have terraces, however the older rooms are nicer with better terraces, the new ones being rather over modernised.

Fan rooms and AC rooms are different prices, but not by much - i'd always go for AC if possible.

The location in Poppies Lane is fantastic, at one end of the lane you have the beach, on the other end of the lane you have a long road with billions of shops on it, and all the nightclubs as well (if you are here for the partying scene).

Don't hesitate to contact me on here if you would like more info.
Tillchen says:
Hey guys! I'm going to bali in 1 weeks and was actually thinking to stay at fat yogi. What's the cheapest way to book it? Greetings from sunny sydney
Posted on: Mar 30, 2013