Fat Tire Bike Tours

Paris, France

Fat Tire Bike Tours Paris Reviews

guerrette guerrette
The Best Unexpected thing we did in Paris Sep 13, 2013
This was something I arranged in Paris to do because my two Son's were with (age 16 & 23) and I knew after being dragged through numerous museums, castles & shops, this would be something they would really enjoy as boys and I'd still get to see some sights out of it.

When we got there, several people were already waiting around picking a bike. So my boys quickly joined in and picked themselves out a bike. Finally our guide JACKSON came out, introduced himself & gave us a few minute intro on about the tour, what we were going to do, how he wanted us to ride, some safety tips and before I knew it, we were off....all 25 of us in a single file bicycle group, riding for the next 6 miles through the streets of Paris.....YIKES!!!

What the HELL was I thinking...I'm an old lady...6 miles on a bike, in downtown Paris traffic no less...can you say NY, NJ, MA drivers!!!(In Jackson's spiel he told us NOT TO BREAK RANK & let the drivers hone in & break up the bicycle group line) Oh, great!, I was thinking...I'll be the one who breaks up the group & everybody will stare at me and my boys will be mortified! LOL

During the trip it did get a little dicey a couple of times out on the road with the traffic and cars, but I handled it better than my boys did....It ended up, they were so worried about ole Mom and how I was fairing along, they almost bit it a few times... I finally had to tell them to knock it off, I'm not dead yet....I was in the military for golly sakes..I think I can handle this bike! ROFL

All I can say, is this is a must do if your in Paris and do it no matter how old you are. The 6 miles was easy, you just mosey along, you stop and the guide tells you stories about the area and/or certain monuments and buildings. Our guide Jackson was hysterical and spoke English, so no need to worry about not being able to understand the tour.

This is definitely was one of the best days of our vacation & for something I put on the list of things to do just to pacify my Son's, turned out to be one of the most memorable things we did on our 17 day European Vacation. Every time we get together we always talk about Jackson our guide & the bicycle tour..and how next time we go, were going to book the Night time bicycle tour since we already done the daytime one now...(warm smile)
nicknak100 nicknak1…
A really cool way to see Paris!!! Jul 01, 2011
I went on the Fat Tire Bike Tour Paris Night. Our guide, Ben, was awesome. We met up at the Piller Sud of the Eiffel Tour, and ended up being in the first group. Basically they add extra groups based on the amount of people that show up. So you really do not need a reservation, especially during the high season when multiple groups go out. This tour is a little bit more riding intenst than the day tour, but the views around the city are spectacular. Since it doesn't get dark in Paris until around 10pm, most of the ride was during the day light, with the nice lighted views of the attractions reserved for the river cruise at the end (including wine)! Ben was very knowledgeable and funny, making it an entertaining evening. I highly recommend this tour, and can't wait to get back to Paris to check out some of the other tours Fat Tire Paris offers.

Check Paris Hotel Deals