Fat Head's Saloon

(412) 431-7433

Fat Head's Saloon Pittsburgh Reviews

kayguarnay kayguarn…
Come very very very hungry! Jan 26, 2009
After clinic on the SouthSide three of us headed down E. Carson street to find something to eat. It was 9:30 at night and we walked into a nearly jam packed Fat Heads. It was both a bar and a family restaurant, gauging from the clientele.

We sat in the previously outdoor section, but were surprisingly warm.

Little did we know how unprepared we were for what was in store!

I had not eaten all day, but suspected that the portions would be large, so I ordered fresh-cut fries and 5 "Killer" wings. It turned out it was all you can eat 40c wings night!

My friends ordered a hamburger, fried "shrooms" and two orders of wings. When these things came from the kitchen, there was no room left on the table! Even though all of us had not eaten all day, it was nearly impossible to eat the food that was brought out. I made a dent in my basket of potatoes and really enjoyed the spicy wings (leaving a couple for later). The trick is that on 40c Monday nights you're technically not supposed to take any of the wings home, but I asked politely and was able to take them back with my potatoes.

Aside the ginormous portions, this place is full of flare and if you're very hungry and on the South Side, it is a great option!

Give it a try!
david40price says:
This is a great restaurant and I agree, I think it is much better than Primanti Brothers. My only complaint is that it tends to get loud, but that is typical of the bar setting so not much you can do about that. They have expanded the place at least once since it originally opened.

The homemade chips are great!
Posted on: Nov 08, 2011
JJPittPartier says:
I prefer Phat Heads to Primanti's. Primanti's is good when you are drunk and Phat Heads is just plain good.
Posted on: Jul 31, 2011
Shellyann629 Shellyan…
Yummy food Aug 27, 2008
This resturant was wonderful. The food was pretty good, the price was amazing the portions were huge!!! The beer is a little over priced but there are close to 100 different types and several unqiue brands/flavors. The only complaint is the lack of vegitarian food, but if youre in Pittsburgh visit Fat Heads.

Check Pittsburgh Hotel Deals