Fat Freddy's Bistro and Pizzaria

The Halls, Galway, Ireland

Fat Freddy's Bistro and Pizzaria Galway Reviews

lolableME lolableME
Good Food and Cool Fixtures Apr 19, 2012
Fat Freddy's is a place I went with my family when I was younger for special occasions, like our birthdays, so I always think of it as a really amazing place to eat. Its on Quay St. at the bottom of Shop St. where there are a cluster of nice places to eat!

I went here last week for dinner and I got a pizza and the nachos to share. The food was pretty good, nachos were excellent and the pizza was thin based and average. The pizza was €14.00 for the smaller option, which is pricey for pizza. The nachos were €10.00, but it was a huge bowl with loads of cheese, guacamole and taco meat. Overall a nice meal.

What I really love about this place though is their lighting, they have wine bottle candle stick holders and wine bottle lamps, so quirky!

I think its a nice place to go with kids because its a bit different. Good food though so if you end up here, you'll still leave full and satisfied!
coreyanderson coreyand…
Unique Bistro in the Heart of the City Apr 20, 2008
Fat Freddy's restaurant is a fun, cozy, unique restaurant that serves a mixture of Italian and Mexican cuisine (which is a nice change from pub food). The restaurant is scattered with tables covered in cute red and white checkered table clothes, and is lit up with waxy candlesticks held by wine bottles. The atmosphere is casual and friendly, and the food is good. We had a great anti-pasto tray, followed by an interesting version of pepperoni pizza--not quite what we're used to in Chicago, yet was still quite tasty--and a great dessert with coffee. I would highly recommend this restaurant if you are looking for a great place to eat in Galway.
Fat Freddy's on Quay Street