Fat Dog Cafe & Bar

1161 Arawa Street, Rotorua, New Zealand
07-347 7586
Fat Dog Cafe & Bar - my mum and the table marker (kitten)
Fat Dog Cafe & Bar - my fat dog brekkie
Fat Dog Cafe & Bar - Fat Dog in Rotorua

Fat Dog Cafe & Bar Rotorua Reviews

Hhavaianas Hhavaian…
Food and drinks to die for Mar 06, 2011
What can I say, I dont think I've eaten so well in a loooong long time! Great for brekkie, brunch and lunch, this is the place to be if you're not counting weightwatchers points! Portion control is OUT of control, portions are normally for two people but they dont tell you that ( I had to leave soo much of the lovely brownie dessert on the plate after having an iced coffee which seems to be a dessert in its own right!).

Mouth watering stuff, even if youre backbacking and want to self-cater/ watch your budget - make an exception when visiting Rotorua.
hayley_phoon hayley_p…
Very unique! Dec 23, 2010
Love their cafe style, they giving you a different table marker, i was given a kitten! love the decorations in the cafe. the food and service are very nice!

This fat dog is easily spotted along the road at the rotorua, due to the attracting,bright yellow colour. The food portion in it, is huge probably you can share, if in the morning and your appetite not so good. But the food are incredibly amazing, especially their hot chocolate with marshmallow! lovelY!
the shop
the order counter
my mum and the table marker (kitte…
my cuppucino
pyrrho pyrrho
Why, hello Mr Benedict Apr 25, 2008
Probably the best Eggs Benedict I've ever had, even if the recipe deviates slightly from what you'd expect.

A fun place to eat, especially appealing are the table markers you get, when you order your food. I think I had a big wooden flower.

Big portions and good coffee, can't ask for more really.
hayley_phoon says:
yeah i had kitten as my table marker, they have a few selection of table marker, i saw some people had a skull, cross, and many mores. u had wooden flower nice!
Posted on: Dec 23, 2010
TYoungTX TYoungTX
Funky Breakfast or Lunch Spot Feb 01, 2005
Fat Dog Cafe & Bar is a funky little cafe in downtown Rotorua that is a great spot to catch breakfast or lunch. They serve a wide variety of foods, most written up anew daily on the chalkboard behind the bar. Lots of fresh unusual salads, soups, vegetable bakes, lasagne, bagels, eggs -- you named it. Its fast, fresh and healthy. Oh, and did I mention funky? It attracts a varied crowd -- students, mountain bikers, tourists, musicians -- you name it. Great coffee and expresso too.

Enjoy!
Fat Dog Cafe & Bar
Fat Dog in Rotorua
hayley_phoon says:
funky isnt it? yes really. i saw a lot very funky restaurant name over there, like pig whistle, fat dogs, holy cow..haha, so cool!
Posted on: Dec 23, 2010
Vikram says:
My GOD!! Looks like you went to NZ just to eat!! I'm reading practically 2 reviews a day!
Posted on: Jun 06, 2008