Fantasia Cafe

3/F Fairview Terraces Quirino Highway Corner Maligaya Drive, Quezon City, Philippines
(02) 294 0596

Fantasia Cafe Quezon City Reviews

cotton_foam cotton_f…
pretty place, great waffles, but poor costumer service Dec 05, 2015
No doubt Fantasia Cafe is very attractive even from the outside. Let me categorize my review in three elements; the ambiance, the food quality, and of course the customer service.

The Ambiance:

The restaurant motif is very Victorian-French like. Color motif is black, white and purple. The dining tables are elegant wood while some chairs are oversize but elegantly upholstered. The high vaulted ceiling gave the illusion of a spacious room. I must say it can be a beautiful place for some little meetups.

The Food and Beverage:

Since we just had a heavy dinner from another restaurant, we settled in this place for some dessert and cups of coffee. The offers in the menu card are quite extensive, but we decided on for some waffles with jellied fruit toppings. For hot beverages, we picked for cups of black coffee, gourmet flavored coffee, hot tea, and hot cocoa. All beverages are sweltering except my coffee and a friend's cocoa. We asked the server to reheat kindly, as both my friend and I loved our coffee to be steaming hot. The warm waffles were no mistake! They are divine and melts in your mouth ---crispy on the edge but soft in the middle. The fruit jelly toppings and the sauce are not too sweet as well as the strawberry ice cream.

The Service:

Now, this is the area that I gave two-star rating. The only two servers seemed tired (It is closing time anyway.) The word “service” is out of their league; thus, severely needs improvement in their service. An example; we waited too long, and they were not even busy. We had to ask or check with the servers of our orders a few times before they finally deliver the cups of hot beverages to our table. My coffee was luke warm when they served, and another person in the group also had cold cocoa instead of hot. Again, the waiting took longer than expected for our orders of waffles, in fact, we even forgot all about it. And, by the time the plates of pretty-looking waffles laid on our table, our beverages are long finished and sipped. Instead of apologizing for the long wait, by the way, the serving girl was stern, and her eyebrows raised up while answering our question why it took so long to wait. The management of this coffee shop not only should they send their staff to an extensive costumer-relations training, but also they should hire more staff. Only two people were serving a bunch of guests.

To summarize:

Fantasia Café is a restaurant that excels in an artistic motif.

Food-wise; average to above average.

The cost for beverages are a bit cheaper compared to Starbucks’ or Gloria Jeans’. The same with the waffles considering there are three squares on a plate, and it was fantastic; it left us wanting more!

As mentioned earlier, service needs to speed up and improve more. ~
friends of mine :)
the gang
dining hall -- most guests have go…
nolan says:
Eh dalawa Lang pala sila. Over stressed sigurado. Uwing uwi pa.
Posted on: Feb 17, 2016
Zagnut66 says:
Service is usually pretty bad around closing time, that seems to be the norm in restaurants.
Posted on: Feb 16, 2016
vances says:
Appreciate the honest review, May!
Posted on: Feb 16, 2016