Fantasea Reefworld

Hardy Reef, Australia - +61 7 4967 5455

Fantasea Reefworld Hardy Reef Reviews

petit_gooroo petit_go…
Experience the Great Barrier Reef Jan 06, 2010
On this big floating pontoon, there are different way to explore the Great Barrier Reef:

- from the air, with a helicopter flight with a view on the Heart Reef (extra fee)

- from a semi-submarine, to see what happens under the water without being wet

- by snorkeling, on your own in secured areas, or with a guide (extra fee)

- by diving with an instructor (extra fee)

I did snorkeling and the semi-submarine.

Corals, being face-to-face with colourful fish... Being on the Great Barrier Reef is an experience of a life time.

Of course, you can do snorkeling from the land without necessary go to this platform in the middle of the sea. But the area where the Reefworld is located is quite perfect for that and it is not see the same fish and colours than near the lands. Something incredible for me: I swam with a turtle!! It was so cool... And I can't believe I can swim so fast :D

On the pontoon, I also like the fact that there are activities for everybody, with the semi-submarine for example.

The negative point, for people traveling by themselves, is that it is not really made to meet other persons and interact with them. I spent most of my time alone as people there were with family.

The price is quite high ($225.00 for an adult), but you can have it reduce a lot when you take packages in travel agencies.

I had one mixed with a 3 day cruise in the Whitsundays also that included some snorkeling of the Great Barrier Reef. The two experiences were quite different: not the same fish, not the same colours, not the same atmosphere… I liked both of them a lot but if I had to chose, I’d rather go for the cruise, where I met nice people (crew & participants) who I could share my experience with.
Hardy Reef Map