Fanny

29-31 Ton That Thiep St., Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
www.fanny.com.vn - (08) 8211633
Fanny - Self-Portrait. Hehehe!
Fanny - Durian Ice Cream
Fanny - The Tricycle. Strawberry Sorbet + Coconut Ice Cream
Fanny - The Patio. Fanny Ice Cream, HCMC
Fanny - The Patio. Fanny Ice Cream, HCMC

Fanny Ho Chi Minh City Reviews

jaeWALK jaeWALK
Fanny, Ice Cream Novelty Feb 06, 2009
Located in quite a peaceful area of the shopping district. Fanny ice cream is set in a really attractive french villa with a cool patio.

With a name like "Fanny" and boasting a screaming yellow paint, one can't help but be pulled into the shop for a pit stop. And once you get to see the menu, with those lovely pictures of those seemingly cool ice cream presentations, you might even probably try out several of their treats.

It was a little before lunch that i went there, when the sun was start to peak, hence a perfect time to cool off. Service is average at best, I really didn't have to compete with anyone for the staff's attention, but there were moments when I would wonder where the hell the waitress is.

And just like everything else in Vietnam, for a fancy ice-cream, it's pretty cream. I payed 61,000VND ($3.50US) for two different flavors. I first tried the Durian ice cream. It had a very simple presentation: just a scoop and a wafer. I don't really know about you, but i do like Durian in all it's permutations.

The second one I had was the "Tricycle". It was a scoop of coconut ice cream paired with strawberry sorbet. I really like this one too. It was so cute, I didn't want to eat it. The strawberry and coconut is quite an unusual pairing, but it does work. I have no complaints about it.
The Tricycle. Strawberry Sorbet + …
Self-Portrait. Hehehe!