Famous Dave's

7603 N. Blackstone Ave, Fresno, CA, USA

Famous Dave's Fresno Reviews

X_Drive X_Drive
Good BBQ Oct 24, 2010
After seeing some television ads recently we decided to try this place the next time we were in Fresno, about 50 miles north of our town. And I have to thank Mark (travelman727) and Lola (itslola) and the great meal we had with them on our road trip this spring. They had a wonderful BBQ place there and it got me to thinking, (yes, a hard thing for me to do) maybe we should find a good BBQ place around here. So this weekend we were in Fresno and thought to stop by and try it out. Fairly early on a Sunday evening around 4:45 pm the place was pretty well packed, so I knew that was a good sign. After waiting about ten minutes we allowed them to sit us in the bar at a high table and the friendly waitress helped us pick out just what we had in mind, a couple of meats, and two sides (corn on the cob and warm cinnamon apple slices), plus a loaded baked potato. We split the one dinner, which nearly was more than both of us could eat. Judy had iced tea and I had a Pepsi. The sauces are at the table to use as you see fit. And there were five to chose from, Rich and Sassy, Sweet and Zesty, Texas Pit, Georgia Mustard, Devil Spit. I tried that last one on the tip of my finger and lost all feeling in my tongue for about five minutes. Just a tad too hot. So I settled for the Rich & Sassy. Good tangy stuff. Not a cheap meal, even if we did share, but we felt it was good enough that we will probably go again.
X_Drive says: