Falstaff Bar

Avenue Kwame Nkrumah, Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso

Falstaff Bar Ouagadougou Reviews

DAO DAO
It's a Joke - Officially Feb 06, 2017
Falstaff is a character invented by Shakespeare and he is known as a ‘comic’ character. A literal joke. The owner may be an clown and arsehole, but at least he is in keeping. I entered this bright bar literally the first week it opened. The first thing I noticed was a large golden statue of a naked woman on the bar. And she was holding aloft a chandelier. And she looked like she was either evacuating her bowels or bladder upon the same bar they serve drink on. Or both. OK – something is wrong with this picture – and it gets worse of course. All the signs were literally there !

I ordered a beer and this was duly poured. I was then asked for the annual income of the average Burkinabe. I have no doubt they would arrange a mortgage or bank transfer from anywhere in the world to pay for a second beer. God help any local people ordering a drink before checking the prices.

THEN THE MOMENT OF TRUTH ARRIVED.

In every business in the world it is a well known concept that some part of a customer interaction will indicate to a customer whether a business is:

• Good/great

• Average – needs works

• Absolute jerks/criminals/scumbags/dickweeds

Let me cut to the judgement:

Not Happy!

I gave them a brand new – uncirculated – note of medium value. The little guy serving me spent the next 90 seconds going through his till looking for old, torn and dubious notes. I have never in my life – in more than 140 countries – been given such a handful of crap. OK – I got a handful of the same in coins in the Czech Republic and none of my paid postcards ever arrived (never going back there – evil people).

My point is that you do not charge luxury prices and show your customers complete disrespect – in your face!

No wonder they seem to have no telephone number or any other contact details!

Check Ouagadougou Hotel Deals