1491 Mill Run Road, Mill Run, PA, USA

Fallingwater Cafe Mill Run Reviews

Zagnut66 Zagnut66
Fallingwater Cafe Sep 24, 2013
The cafe in the Fallingwater Visitor Center leaves much to be desired. I was famished after touring the house so wandered over to the cafe for an early lunch. I waited and waited and waited for someone to approach the counter, but the people in the back ignored the line that was forming out front. A lady returning from her break apologized for the wait and got into a shouting match with the other employees for neglecting the customers.

I ordered a panini sandwich with Cuban pulled pork, French fries, a Coke, and tiramisu for desert that came out to around $20. When I went to fill the glass with ice, I thought I saw mold on the ice lever, so I skipped it. I'm used to overpriced food at tourist attractions, but I'm also used to the food having flavor. The panini was dry and tasteless, the fries limpid, the tiramisu awful. I've had great tiramisu and good tiramisu, but never tiramisu so bad that it goes straight into the trashcan.

While I was eating, the local health inspector showed up for an inspection, so there was at least the entertainment of watching the workers scramble to wipe everything down. Fallingwater is a great place to visit, but the cafe is only good to grab a canned soda, a beer from the small selection, or coffee while resting your feet. You can head ten minutes down the road to Ohiopyle for a real lunch at one of the restaurants near the Yough River, a parting lesson from my tastebuds to yours.
Inside the cafe
missandrea81 says:
Thanks for the warning!
Posted on: Sep 25, 2013
rsvpme says:
Garbage is garbage....That's it !
Posted on: Sep 24, 2013