Falafel's Drive In

2301 Stevens Creek Boulevard, San Jose, CA, USA

Falafel's Drive In San Jose Reviews

poohstanggt poohstan…
Another Guy Fieri Find - Falafels!! Aug 14, 2008
Falafel's Drive-In was featured on the Food Network on Guy Fieri's show, Diners, Drive Ins, and Dives. When I saw the episode, I have been dying to get down to San Jose to try this place since it is only a couple hour drive from my house. With TravBuddy's resident foodie and fellow Guy Fieri lover (Melanie aka Queen CW) spending the weekend with me, this was the perfect time to check it out!

We arrived shortly before the typical noon lunchtime rush and parking was somewhat at a minimum but there is plenty of street parking in the nearby residential area. There were a number of people in line but it moves relatively fast and the food is up before you even time to find a table to sit!

Melanie and I opted to try the Gyro sandwich (small) and a side order of the falafel balls! They were incredibly yummy and satisfied this craving I've been having for falafel balls!

On the Food Network episode, they recommended the falafel sandwich and a banana shake. Although it sounds strange, it is supposed to be an excellent combination....so much so that they offer that as a combo meal (large falafel sandwich and banana shake). I was dying of thirst so I opted to go for my old stand by of diet coke!

All the food was excellent and very fresh. The gyros had large chunks of lamb meat and unless you have the appetite of a giant, get the small sandwich - it is more than enough!

Definitely looking forward to going back again...hopefully persuading Julz to join me next time as they do have menu options for those less daring....a chicken sandwich is one!

Bring cash - they do take debit cards but .90 charge for using it. And I'd recommend hitting anytime other than the noon rush if you want to get in and out.
Falafel's Drive In
Our gyros and falafel balls
Close up of our balls
Enjoying my falafel ball
vulindlela says:
Love falafel!
I had some really good food in Lebanon.
Posted on: Aug 15, 2008
mellemel8 mellemel8
ONE OF THE BEST FALAFELS Aug 14, 2008
Another of Guy Fieri's "drive ins, diners, and dives" FOOD NETWORK picks. erin(poohstanngt) and i are big fans of the show. my cousin lee(askmrlee) lives around the corner. we all met up here.

we ordered the gyro sandwich with a side of falafel balls. OMG this was so yummy. it was big chucks of gyro as opposed to thin slices like what i am normally use to.

they have a special where you order a falafel ball sandwich with a banana shake. it is there house special.

i still think the falafel balls in israel is the best. i would fly up just for that.

the seating is outside. the service is quick. the portons are huge. we all ordered the small size. it is very messy prepare to use plenty of napkins.
GYRO SANDWICH
FALAFEL BALLS
YUMMY!!!!!
BUSY BUSY BUSY

Related Travel Blogs About Falafel's Drive In

How Many Balls Do You Get in One Order?!?!
Melanie and I had been talking about my insane craving for Falafel balls all week......it hit me before I picked her up at the airport. OMG! There is a Guy Fieri place he reviewed on his show, D…Falafel's Drive in!  San Jose is not that far from San Francisco so let's do it!  :D Picked…
I want hard balls
SEE ERIN'S VERSION HERE...... OMG Erin has the whole weekend planned. She knows what I like…..FRO YO, FOOD, and OUTDOORS. We planned to have a FOOD NETWORK’S GUY FIERI FOOD ADVENTURE. She di…FALAFEL’S DRIVE IN, he said he has never been there. This was a good time to go.   It was about 45min drive to San Jose

Check San Jose Hotel Deals