Fairport Canal Days

Main Street , Fairport, NY, USA

Fairport Canal Days Reviews

perfektewelle perfekte…
Jun 03, 2007
Every year, on the first weekend of june, the streets are taken over. White tents pop up all over Main Street Fairport from the train tracks to the Church at the end of the street. Vendors sell everything from fried dough to homemade windchimes made out of spoons... An eclectic array of food, music, and crafts are offered. There is also an annual book sale. For $2.00 you can fill a bag with all of the books that you want. lets cover the main points.

Food: thai, chinese, italian, hamburgers, hot dogs, crepes, daquiris, smoothies, gourmet sodas, fresh-popped kettle corn, BBQ, Mediterranean,greek.. you name it, canal days has it.

Artisans : stained glass, birdhouses, photography, tiles, jewelery, paintings, pottery, glasswork - a dynamic array of goods

extras : hair salons often set up booths ; massages, hair braiding...

It's an awesome time as the streets are lined with hundreds of thousands of people.

Friday night kickoff is the best. Live Music.. food vendors... and fireworks..

grab your friends, grab your wallet.. and head down to main street along the Erie Canal...

you can even take a boat ride on the Colonial Belle!

what a lovely way to kick off the summer.
me and my ladies at Canal Days
perfektewelle says:
its nice because its usually the weekend of my birthday. I'm like.. wow my town must love me! haha
Posted on: Jun 10, 2007
WaltJake says:
This seems a lot like our Meriden Daffodil Festival they have the last week in April! Lot of the same stuff, from fireworks to fried dough! (I guess every community looks for a reason to party!)
Posted on: Jun 10, 2007