Fairmont Mara Safari Club

Fairmont Mara Safari Club Rates and Deals

Fairmont Mara Safari Club Masai Mara Reviews

Africancrab Africanc…
Outstanding Experience!! Jun 19, 2013
As you can see, I have rated this accommodation Excellent in all areas, here is why! After surviving the unbelievable ‘african’ road through the park to our accommodation, we were pleasantly surprised by the warm welcome from the staff and of the cozy lounge. The lodge/ tented camp is nothing like you’ve ever seen. I have been to this accommodation back in 2002 while it was under the management of Lonhro Hotels, but then in 2004 it was bought by the Fairmont chain and they refurbished it for the better. The art décor in the lounge and in the individual tents is unbelievable; warm, cozy and welcoming. This was the best hotel experience I have heard in my adult life, and believe me, I have stayed in plenty of hotels worldwide.

The Fairmont Mara Safari Club is located in the middle of the Masai Mara Game reserve, access is through the Oloololo gate. It features one of a kind tented accommodation with commendable service. I was shocked at how good the service was, and how pleasant all the staff were throughout our three day stay. My husband and I, felt like we were on a honeymoon; our tent was furnished with all the amenities that make one feel pampered.

Tent # 10 it was, facing the Mara River; like I have mentioned twice already, service was exemplary. Room service came like we were synced telepathically; the cuisine was nothing short of delectable. Everything was perfect, we had a delightful time. In fact I have already planned a return trip to the camp, just to relax and enjoy the unmatched service. The attention to detail was in all areas of the property was unbelievable.

My husband and I, both had a wonderfully relaxing massage from the resident masseuse.

Our special thanks to the manager, who was very kind to discount our safari on the second day when out vehicle got a flat tire. It was unexpected and made us feel very special. One service person my husband and I, wanted to thank especially was Daniel; he served our lunch on arrival, and gave us the warmest welcome I have ever received at an accommodation in my entire life. Mark and I, both agreed, he knew the real meaning of service!!

I highly recommend this property. If it is out of your budget range, I recommend you save some more and try to stay here, you will not regret it. Package safaris offer better rates that are full board and all you have to pay for are your drinks.
bhush2006 says:
In my earlier post I asked you where did u stay.. Now got the answer here :-) Good review.
Posted on: Jun 27, 2013
missandrea81 says:
Wow! Great one!
Posted on: Jun 25, 2013
ndevela ndevela
Affordable Mara Accommodation Nov 08, 2010
This hotel is well maintained. It is in a very strategic point where you can enjoy seeing the hippos from your balcony. The service was good and the staff are friendly. We always want a place where the staff are on hand to assist you with what you want from the hotel.I hadn't been to Mara before but was not disappointed either on my first vacation after a very long time.
Africancrab Africanc…
Luxury Tented Camp in the wilderness Jul 05, 2002
Mara Safari Club is one of the premier Safari Accommodations in Kenya. The deluxe Mara Safari Club is situated in the Ol-Choro Oiroua Conservation Area at the foot of the Aitong Hills. It is surrounded by the Masai Mara Game Reserve and the three sides of the club are neighbored by the Mara River making it the ideal Tented Safari camp in the African wilderness. I stayed at the camp during a Travel Consultants retreat in 2002 and was amazed that each tent actually had a shower with running hot water. Very comfortable beds, great service and nothing beats the sound of nature at night.

There is a viewing deck from which you can see hippos, crocodiles and other animals. It is by the Aitong Hills.

It is a little on the expensive side but you will get your money’s worth. It has 50 tents most of which have twin beds, warm showers and mosquito nets to keep of the deadly African mosquitoes. The Club has a dining room is the main building made of wood beams and glass. The high-ceilinged, spacious dining room where we dinned on each of the three nights we were at the club.

We did enjoy two game drives and a visit to the Masai village.

Anytime you read a review, keep an open mind. Remember always "One man's Meat, is another's Poison"

This was my "Meat".
Africancrab says:
O yes, the river flowing the crocodiles leaping in the water and the birds chirping away. Nothing like the sounds of nature. Thanks for the comments Sarah
sarahsan says:
Yes Harriet, I have been on about 25 safaris in Africa and will keep going back. Am totally fascinated by Africas wildlife. There is really nothing better!
sarahsan says:
Would love to stay there! Specially listening to the "African sounds" at night.

Fairmont Mara Safari Club Overview

The luxury hotel offers game drives, walking safaris, and balloon safaris . An indoor restaurant is located in the main lodge and serves a mix of European, African, and Asian cuisine. The main lodge also contains a bar and library with Internet access . The outdoor deck hangs over the Mara River and leads to a heated outdoor pool, poolside bar , and private massage tents . Nightly activities include Masai dancing and lectures on Mara and the Masai culture .

Fairmont Mara Safari Club Amenities