Fahaalohi Island

www.fihalhohi.com.mv - +960 664 2903

Fahaalohi Island Reviews

gingerbatik gingerba…
Paradise Island Mar 17, 2014
Once touch down the island from the speedboat ride, I was treated to a beautiful view toward white sandy beach stretch along the island with a crystal blue water and on closer inspection of the water, a lot of fish swim freely even the mantra ray, come close to the harbor.

The island located 40 minutes ride by private speedboat from Male airport or if you are in another island – like myself, I just booked myself a speedboat from the hotel I was stay to go there. The cost of the speedboat ride is for a return ticket since they did not sell one way ticket and it cost usd 25 – share with other guest (up to 10 people), if less than 10 people have to pay usd 40 per person, otherwise if rent the whole speedboat to go to the island, cost usd 82. Nobody check the ticket when you are aboard the speedboat.

The speedboat itself is really luxury with huge leather seat accommodate for 10 people and it run very fast.

After check in – the reception located at the front near the harbor, you are allocated a bungalow (depend of your booking – either normal bungalow or water bungalow) and the porter will carry your bag with a three wheeler to the room (since the whole island has no paving road and only white sandy beach). Along the way toward the room, I passed a jungle looks like with a small footpath clearance from the trees. It was very peaceful with so many birds singing and lizard scurrying away when we passed the road.

I have a standard bungalow with ocean view and inside the bungalow is quite spacious with twin bed put together into one bed, 2 chairs and table, one big desk and private en suite bathroom with a bathtub. It has air condition and ceiling fan as well. The balcony outside the room is good for relaxing with an ocean view. The water is amazing which is cool and relaxing and plenty of various of fish – good for snorkeling.

The room rates is include half board – dinner on the day and breakfast the next morning which cost usd 230+++ per night. Buffet dinner serve at Palm Groove restaurant which is huge and has ocean view. Everything in this island is ocean view, since it is very easy to walk from one point to another and it takes one hour only.

I love the Fisherman’s Bar and Blue Lagoon Bar which offers a wide variety of drinks and beverages with very good view toward the harbor. The food and drink price is very reasonable I though since this is an island. The pina colada drink I have cost usd 10+++ per glass and during lunch time I have chicken burger which cost usd 6+++

All purchased has to put into the room account since the restaurant did not handle the cash. I have to pay everything when check out.

It was a memorable stay and would be more beautiful if stay with someone you love. I would recommend this place to stay.
the reception
the front bungalow
the view from the balcony
the bedroom
Ils1976 says:
Looking good! :D
Posted on: Apr 06, 2014
cotton_foam says:
Nice vacay, Yunni!!
Posted on: Mar 29, 2014
rsvpme says:
Gorgeous place..to find oneself.,...!
Posted on: Mar 29, 2014