Factory Hotel

Factory Hotel Rates and Deals

Factory Hotel Munster Reviews

spocklogic spocklog…
Weird Place - Eat, Sleep, Drink May 18, 2013
I stayed at The Factory Hotel for 1 week during a conference. This is a very weird hotel in concept. It is built in an old factory and maintains the structure and brickwork of days gone by. It is open air and the original architecture is clearly exposed. This concept is interesting in the walkways leading to the rooms, which have separate corridors isolated from the open air architecture. The rooms are nice, but have an exposed wall that is supposed to look original, but I suspected it was made to look old style. It's sort of ingenuous really. The hotel theme is Eat-Sleep-Drink. It fits with the modern style and retro architecture too, but this hotel is too small to accommodate the concept. My stay here was sort of nice, but I had some complaints other than the place was noisy at night in the main hotel area along the stairway. In addition, the staff at the hotel desk spoke excellent English, yet the staff in the restaurant could hardly understand a word of English. This was an odd contrast to me.

One other incident I do feel compelled to mention (though it may be only of personal interest to myself). It is something odd I have never encountered. I was here for a week during the conference, and apple juice is plentiful in the conference rooms (piles of it in fact). On my check out day I chanced to take an apple juice from one of the rooms. I was a few levels down the stairs when a staff woman confronted me about the bottle of apple juice. I explained my situation, having been at the conference during the week and just thirsty on my way to checkout. Wow, she went nuts over it - that is for this conference, yours is done, you cannot take this, give it back or I will call security. I gave it back and thought it a bit psychotic, so I explained at the front desk. It too some explaining, like they didn't know me and hadn't seen me the entire week.

I didn't like their attitude and I have never been responded to by such rudeness and indifference at a hotel desk than here. I was angry now and had some words to offer. We bantered for a bit and she turned a curious glance to her associate, who disappeared shortly after that. I completed my bill in silence, irritated immensely at having been treated this way. Had I really stayed in this hotel with obnoxious staff all this week and not noticed? Just then the associate appeared with a bottle of apple juice, asking if I would like to take it with me. Yes, I would like that, and thank you for your kindness. I felt rewarded for being a guest, but still irritated at the whole fuss for a small bottle of apple juice. Just a warning, not exaggerating, and this was a bizarre thing. It's a Weird Place - Eat, Sleep, Drink. Maybe you have to argue at checkout - Eat, Sleep, Drink, Argue! Weighing everything I cannot recommend this hotel.
Factory Hotel
spocklogic says:
Strange hotel and stranger staff, what can I say!
Posted on: May 11, 2014
Inteesting review here.The lady was indeed not very helpful. *winkygrin*
Posted on: May 10, 2014
spocklogic says:
I know, huh? It's not like there was only enough juice bottles for people at these meetings. There were literally piles and piles of them in all the meeting rooms. The attitude of the staff regarding my taking one on departure really annoyed me and I'm not easily annoyed.
Posted on: May 25, 2013

Factory Hotel Overview

Set just a short distance from the heart of the city, the Factory Hotel is one of the more unique accommodations in the area. It is close to the University of Munster, and the Congress Center Hall. The Botanical Gardens, Lake Aasee and the lovely Promenade, the Principal Market, and the Ludgerisquare landmark are all just a short ride from the grounds too. The Factory Hotel is located at Grevenerstra├če 91 and is 12 miles from the Munster Osnabruck Airport.

Bedrooms in the Factory Hotel are outfitted with satellite TV, a hair dryer, high-speed Internet access, a personal safe, a large private bathroom, and direct dial phone service.

Those staying in the renovated brewery building that is home to the Factory Hotel will be able to take advantage of many services and facilities during their visit, including the 24-hour front desk service, golf course access, laundry and dry cleaning services, pet friendly policies, banqueting facilities, meeting and conference rooms, a modern fitness room, the spa with massage and beauty treatments, an in-house restaurant, a swimming pool, a lounge with bar service, free daily breakfast service, and free parking on the premises.

Factory Hotel Amenities

• Facsimile
  • Salon
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Massage
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower
  • Pool Indoor
  • Free Parking

Related Travel Blogs About Factory Hotel

Munster Mainstay
The mainstay in Munster is the city center. It's worth seeing for a few hours. Outside this I didn't find much to do. Munster is more like a village in many parts and bicycles are prevalent on the st…Munster. Don't stay at the Factory Hotel. It's a bit of a strange place. I will make…

Check Factory Hotel Rates and Deals