Amsterdam, Netherlands

FOAM Amsterdam Reviews

sarahelaine sarahela…
Dec 17, 2007
FOAM is a photography museum in Amsterdam, and it is brilliant, although it is currently renovating bits. it is light, airy, and has a little shop and some very interesting displays. You should allow about an hour, which makes it a good place to go when it's slightly too early for lunch.

The collection when I went was two temporary exhibitions, very different in tone from each other but beautifully curated, well laid out, and with excellent information in both Dutch and English. The staff were smily, and the museumkaart works.

Check the displays before you take kids in - I think both the displays I saw would be unsuitable for younger kids, one because of sex, and one because of decapitated gangsters - but they were excellently done and not at all salacious or gratuitous.
sarahelaine says:
fair enough! Enjoy it.
CFD says:
Sadly , London is not on my travel schedule in the near future. Ive kinda using my traveltime for Germany and Czech this winter.
sarahelaine says:
It's a very fine line - I think those ones are more suggestive, and therefore possibly more uncomfortable for some people - than the McGinley shots, which show more so hint less. But they are def beautifully shot. Are you going to be in London any time soon? You might like the Seduced exhibition at the Barbican, although I blushed my way around. I'm a brit - it's genetic!

Related Travel Blogs About FOAM

Sweetski and a few more museums
On my last day alone in the Netherlands, I had a busy day planned - two museums and a meeting with Sweetski, whose real name is Rudolph, and had invited me to lunch.  And of course I overslept.&…FOAM in good time to make it back to Amsterdam Centraal to meet Rudolph.  Rudolph, if you ever meet…

Check Amsterdam Hotel Deals