FIG

232 Meeting Street, Charleston, SC, USA
(843) 805-5900
FIG - I chose Benne seed pound cake
FIG - 'Chicken of the woods' which is actually mushroom with concord, grapes and walnut pesto sauce dipped in a cucumber lemon soup broth
FIG - Appetiser was a veg version of Calabrian Style Flounder (veg and tofu sub'ed for the fish) with celery, raisins and pine nuts
FIG - The facade isn't really the most impressive!
FIG - Dessert menu
FIG - The bar

FIG Charleston Reviews

Vikram Vikram
Charleston's royalty, but be prepared to wait for an hour! Sep 23, 2016
I have to say, the hype does justice. One of the town's, rather, the country's most famous restaurants, this isn't named after the exotic namesake. But FIG stands for "Food is Good". AND, the food really is good!

There's a long wait. You can't reserve tables if the party is less than 2. They advise you show up and wait. So, show up and wait I did - outside, under the pouring rain (thankfully I didn't get wet) for over an hour and was given a spot at the bar. I was thinking "did I make a mistake" as it seemed filled with a lot of folks dressed up well and looked quite fancy. Plus, I didn't understand the menu much (they seem to have more or less the same, but they stamp the menu each day with the date).

However, and thanks in part to the waitress' suggestion, I ordered 2 dishes and a dessert. I refused alcohol as I was pretty tired as it is. The food was simply brilliant. So well made (and with all kinds of ingredients) I cannot begin to describe. So much so, I'd say this was my highlight of visiting Charleston.

To those planning a visit to this city, it just isn't complete without visiting FIG!
Appetiser was a veg version of Cal…
The bar
"Chicken of the woods" which is ac…
Dessert menu
monkeymia79 says:
I love the name FIG, great name for a great restaurant.

All your dishes sound really interesting and look very appealing. Thank you for the review.
Posted on: Oct 22, 2016