Extra Virgin

259 West 4th Street, New York, NY, USA

Extra Virgin New York Reviews

gwizzle17 gwizzle17
Local hot spot Dec 21, 2009
We just happened upon this little place when exploring West Village. We were originally only looking for a place to have a glass of wine, but when they sat us down ahead of larger groups with reservations, we felt obligated to order something off the menu to share.

The restaurant was tiny, with two rooms and a bar. It is lit by candlelight, making it a great place for a date (of which there were plenty!). I'm almost certain that my friend and I were the only two tourists in the place, as there were large parties there for birthdays, anniversaries, etc.

We both had a glass of Pinot Grigio for $8, the cheapest drink on the menu. We then ordered the Smoked Bacon Wrapped Scallops appetizer to share. My friend had never had scallops before but she loved them just as much as I did! They were truly fantastic! Bacon of course is always good but it gave the scallops a lovely smoky flavor. There were only 3 scallops, but they were served over horseradish mashed potatoes which were excellent and a small salad with red wine/balsamic vinaigrette with grapes.

We can only imagine that the food was just as fantastic! Highly recommended!

Check New York Hotel Deals