Extended Stay America Hotel Chicago Vernon Hills

Extended Stay America Hotel Chicago Vernon Hills Rates and Deals

Extended Stay America Hotel Chicago Vernon Hills Reviews

tour_guy tour_guy
Economical Extended Stay Jan 29, 2014
I usually prefer Extended stay America hotel chains whenever/wherever possible, especially, if I need a place for a week or more and even sometimes if I need a temporary housing for more than a month or so.

Most Extended Stay America hotels pretty much have a similar look, meaning that all rooms are fully furnished with a small kitchen and many room amenities that one may need while away from home.

Not every extended stay america hotels were up to my expectations when it comes to the cleanliness, location, staff, etc., however, the one at Vernon Hills-IL, during my recent stay has really exceed my expectations. At the same time, I think the hotel management also stepped up their standards and quality with the current market trends.

This specific hotel, hidden behind a shopping complex and away from the freeways, makes it little quieter and safe. However, the roads outside the hotel seem get busy during peak hours due to the nearby corporates and small businesses, but I did not hear any traffic noise from my room. There are restaurants, stores, banks, currency exchange and more just outside the hotel and within couple of blocks. The nearest international airport, Chicago O'hare, is about 25mins drive and Milwaukee airport in Wisconsin is about 55 miles. The SixFlags theme park is just 10-15mins drive and the brand name outlet malls just about the same distance.

The staff here were really friendly, helpful and very accommodating. I was pleasantly surprised with their service, the flexibility their offered to change my room to the higher floor without any questions or hesitations. It wasn't the case in some extended stays I have been to.

The hotel itself seem to be renovated recently, as everything from the parking lot to the lobby to the room was looking in the mint condition.

The room I stayed was very nice and spacious with new carpet, nicely painted walls and a clean bathroom. The bed wasn't much comfortable to me even though it was firm, but the feather pillows were nice! I liked the small kitchen area that had 2 stove-top burners, microwave oven, full-sized fridge, coffee maker, bread/bagel toaster, cutleries, few utensils and a kitchen sink. The kitchen came in handy and I really made use of it during the stay!

The hotel offers complimentary shuttle service, complimentary grab-n-go breakfast, free wi-fi, onsite coin operated laundry and maid service depending on the length of the stay.

I heard that the long term stays for a month or longer can be negotiated with the hotel manager for better rates and sometimes they even advertise on craigslist.org about the monthly specials. Their online reservation system automatically discounts the published rate based on the length of the stay, specifically, if it's for weekly or monthly. Though this hotel chain is categorized as 2-star in many online booking websites, I definitely feel this hotel type is "value for money" when compared to other 2-star hotel categories without in-suite kitchen!

I would recommend this hotel to students/exchange students, business travelers, long term stay tourists and families traveling with children and pets.
My room at Extended Stay America -…
My room at Extended Stay America -…
In-suite kitchen at Extended Stay …
In-suite bathroom at Extended Stay…
Zagnut66 says:
Congrats on being featured!
Posted on: Jan 30, 2014
cicie says:
A nice place to stay, Jay
Posted on: Jan 29, 2014
cotton_foam says:
Oh yes, it will! The hotel reviews here have helped me in the past... and also on my coming trip I relied so much on TB reviews...I wish many would write more actually :)
Posted on: Jan 29, 2014

Extended Stay America Hotel Chicago Vernon Hills Overview

Location.
Extended Stay America Chicago - Vernon Hills - Lake Forest is located in Vernon Hills's North Suburbs neighborhood, close to Cuneo Mansion and Gardens. Additional area points of interest include Trinity International University.

Hotel Features.
Those traveling on business have access to a business center at this hotel. Guest parking is complimentary. Additional property amenities include barbecue grills and laundry facilities.

Guestrooms.
128 air-conditioned guestrooms at Extended Stay America Chicago - Vernon Hills - Lake Forest feature coffee/tea makers and windows that open. Kitchens include microwaves, refrigerators, and cookware/dishes/utensils. Bathrooms feature shower/tub combinations and complimentary toiletries. Wireless Internet access is complimentary. In addition to desks, guestrooms offer multi-line phones with voice mail, as well as free local calls (restrictions may apply). Rooms also include irons/ironing boards and clock radios. Guests may request a turndown service and hair dryers. Housekeeping is available weekly.

The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby, fees may apply.

Extended Stay America Hotel Chicago Amenities

• Computer
  • Desk
  • Facsimile
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower