Felberstraße 1/Stg. 8/2. OG, Vienna, Austria
www.e-express.at - +4315263481

É-Express Vienna Reviews

Lucas_J Lucas_J
Good value-for-money on your way Jul 23, 2008
The É-express Firma is the official catering partner of the Austrian Railways (OEBB). It provides dining car management and also at-seat service with snacks and drinks on most trains going through Austria. You can find a list of where they operate here: http://www.e-express.at/exp_bc_zu.htm (DE). Their menu is not too varied, and the food is pre-prepared, being heated on microwaves.

I would reccomend the soups and the desserts, especially any chocolate cake they might have. As for the main meals, go for something without sauce, as they tend to drown the meat and vegetables in it.

Having travelled thousands of kilometers on Austrian Railways, I'm an old customer of É-express, and, although they never shined, they never disappointed me either.

The snack and drinks at-seat service can be commended for the good sandwiches, which come in handy for a short trip, especially when the train is full of people eating and you forgot your lunch pack. The drink prices, however, are higher than in the stations.

Related Travel Blogs About É-Express

Vienna was the last stop on a microbus tour through Luxembourg, Germany, and Austria. Now, the trip would turn south to Italy as we headed for Venice by rail. The train was scheduled for an…Vienna-Rome daytime express with coaches for Venice . The 630 km journey would take all day.   I hadn…
Vienna : 'Don't look up the meaning of your dreams...' *
The spectacularly pregnant blister on my right foot, groaning under the wieght of my backpack breaks its waters on the trudge to the bus station.  The pathetic Compeed plaster-dam proves not eno…Express coach to Wien (Vienna) via Brno in the Czech Republic.   I seem to be clocking up the miles…
First Day In Vienna
5:08 AM: Here begins our first full day in Europe. We landed in Vienna and bought tickets for the CAT train, which is an express train to the Mitte train station in central Vienna. The price was 9 Eu…Vienna and bought tickets for the CAT train, which is an express train to the Mitte train station in central…

Check Vienna Hotel Deals