Express By Holiday Inn Luton

Check Luton Hotel Deals

Express By Holiday Inn Luton Reviews

siaippsau siaippsau
Express Feb 04, 2016
I am spending so much time in this hotel that staff there already are my friends, although not everything is so nice :)

Hotel is situated next to London Luton International Airport so it is a good place for those who need to spend a night smowhere in between the flights (10min by foot), but if you expect to get a proper rest it will not happen as one side of the hotel is facing apron of the airport so you can here planes taxing from runway to the stand and back. Also take offs and landings...For me this sound is nice and I love it, but for those who are more sensitive earplugs would be a solution:) There is another side of the hotel, however it is facing the main road to London which is really busy. London is situated about 100km away from this hotel, Luton town center is like 20min by foot or 10min by bus. Nothing much to do there.

We can say that hotel is clean, it is really ok.Could be better though.

The thing I miss is iron in a room, but there is a separate room for ironing. You need to take extra time to go there and iron your stuff. WiFi is for free and works quite ok. In some rooms :)Every room has a TV, hair dryer (old school one). But beds are comfortable! It is really important for me as I sleep a lot, bed sheets are clean, pillows are ok too. Sometimes there are some problems with AC as it is not working properly. You can get really cold room and nothing will help, you gonna freeze or room where you will sweat a lot. It seems that they don't have this "middle" in UK :) Bathroom is clean, although I am not using any shampoo or conditioner provided by the hotel. It is not good at all and if you care about your hair or skin do not use it too.

Breakfast...English breakfast and a lot of fake stuff...Basically breakfast in this hotel is really poor. I miss normal ham or reall coffee, but let's say fresh croissants are nice. Scrambled eggs are made from something, but not from real eggs for sure. For those who are on a diet it will be ok :) Cereals with milk is a solution for everybody I guess.

Staff is nice and friendly, really polite and helpful. I like lobby there as it is cosy and in the evening it is nice to have pint of beer or glass of wine there. It is popular place between the plane spotters as restaurants windows are facing the runway:)

Al in all, place is not really fancy, but I guess for the price you are paying it is ok. Nothing special, it has everything you need, but not more :)
joseph98 joseph98
Useful base for the airport Oct 19, 2014
Let’s be honest, you don’t stay at this sort of place unless you either, like me, have an early flight the following morning, or you have landed in the UK at so late an hour that travelling onward is not an option. There clearly is a booming market for this, though, as the Holiday Inn was the closest of a trio of chain hotels on the doorstep of the airport.

I was in the hotel for less than 12 hours, but as many people would only stay here for more or less the same sort of time, I think it’s perfectly fair to judge this place by the same standards as you would anywhere else. And, for what it is, I’d say this place is serviceable enough.

Sure it’s the same as any identikit generic hotel you’ll find anywhere in the (developed) world. No décor, no real character and certainly no great views from the hotel windows! But that’s no big deal when you’re basically in transit, and the really important stuff – comfortable bed, clean bathroom, security – is all there.

Throw in the free breakfast that, catering to the airport crowd, is available from 4am, and affable enough staff (in a clipped, professional sort of way) and you’ve got a perfect one night stay place. But it is strictly for that only, as it’s not particularly well located for someone looking to explore London and the UK.
Dr_Seuss Dr_Seuss
Standard Airport Hotel Jun 30, 2010
Had a 7am flight out of Luton so decided to stop here for the night. A short 5-10 minute walk, down through the tunnel, from the terminal building.

Wasn't impressed with the check in. There were just two folk in front of us, but they operate an express check in for airline staff and they kept arriving an being attended to with us left waiting. Took ages before someone else appeared at the check in desk. We waited 20 minutes before being allocated our room.

We were watching the clock all the time as we were still wanting a meal, and were told the restaurant shut at 9pm. We went to get menus as we would wait and take our bags up and the guy told us they didn't stop taking orders until half past. So we went up to the room and dumped our bags.

Small for a Family Room and of the basics it lacked a fridge for my beer. Had a desk with the TV on it, all major satellite stations available. Bathroom was clean and functional .Hotel had free wifi, but it didn't work in the rooms,well our room any way there was no connection.

Beds were pretty comfortable and provided a good nights sleep later.The hotel is built adjacent to the airfield,and right on the main road up to the airport, but you never heard a thing through the triple glazing.

Went down to the bar and again were left waiting for a while. There seemed to be just three people trying to do four different jobs.

Eventually got drinks and then ordered our meal, which was OK and arrived fairly quickly.Sat and had another couple of beers after dinner, but with the type of hotel it is, the bar was quiet early on as folk headed to their beds with early flights to catch.

They serve breakfast from 4am, but we passed on it, preferring to get that little bit extra sleep, and would have time to grab something at the airport.
Holisay Inn Express Luton Airport
Car Park
Hotel Enterance
Desk And TV In Room
Dr_Seuss says:
Frustrating at times, but it served it's purpose. Could be worse Huib, last time I was coming back from Florence I had a 12 hour lay over in Luton and went into the town :O
fransglobal says:
I've booked a week's stay!
huibdos says:
after your Ibis adventure, I see that you go for quality (Sarcasm motor revving 8000rpm)
I hope I never need a hotel near Luton

Express By Holiday Inn Luton Overview

The Express By Holiday Inn Luton offers a 24 hour business centre and free Wi-Fi as well as a 24 hour reception, meeting rooms and conference room(s). Luton town centre is within a 10 minute drive from the hotel.

If you're travelling with a family in tow, the Express By Holiday Inn Luton offers sizeable rooms geared towards the requirements of families and kids. Rooms include a private bathroom, a safe and a flat-screen TV. Prospective guests have the option of requesting a non-smoking room. If access is a concern, prospective guests will be pleased to hear the hotel provides wheelchair access for an inclusive experience. The rooms at the hotel include a telephone, a coffee maker and tea and coffee making facilities.

Guests wishing to socialise can take advantage of the Express By Holiday Inn Luton's bar, located on-site for your convenience.

Aldwickbury Park Golf Club and Someries Castle are within driving distance of the Express By Holiday Inn Luton. London Heathrow Airport (LHR) is a 50 minute drive from the hotel. Friendly front desk staff are on hand to provide assistance to patrons, happily handling any requests or questions that arise during the course of your visit. The hotel's multilingual staff will be glad to share local knowledge and assist you in organising your stay in Luton. The hotel is a five minute drive to St Mary's Church and University of Bedfordshire, and less than a 10 minute drive to Wardown Park, Kenilworth Road and Wardown Park Museum.

Express By Holiday Inn Amenities

• Audio/Visual Equipment
  • Disabled Accessible Rooms
  • Disabled Parking
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower