Express Avenue Shopping Mall

Whites Road, Chennai, India

Express Avenue Shopping Mall Chennai Reviews

joehobo joehobo
Just about it May 04, 2013
On a brief visit to my city I decided to visit this Mall or shopping complex which is of course a good place to beat the Chennai heat and do the shopping in air conditioned comfort. I strolled around the many different shops selling branded clothing,shoes,jewels,watches,beauty shops, saloons,bags, designer dresses,travel,sports kits, coffee shops, ice cream shops and so on. Well brands and designer goods are expensive and the best time to buy them may be on another day when you get a discount sale happening and I sure did get to know a lot about window shopping.

Escalators,stairways and wide corridors guide one to the various shops.The topmost floor has a few cinema halls and a Food court.KFC,Pizza hut sell continental food,Wangs and a Thai stall serve Chinese cuisine.There are also a few fruit juice counters and many pavilions serving south Indian cuisine particularly the Idly and Dosa varieties.For those used to north Indian cooking like the Roti, tandoor and lassi you do have a few stalls too.Milk shakes ice creams and coffee....hmmm you have it too.

Entry is free and parking charges for cars costs about Rs 20 which is about 33 US cents per hour.This Mall is accessible by any metro bus going through Royapetah or stopping at Spencer's Junction. Many Tuk Tuk or auto rickshaws from anywhere will ply you here as this Mall is a landmark in itself.

The Mall is clean and the average priced department store and food court with a view of the city impressed me the best.

I sure did get all I needed and having eaten in the food court left for home with a pleasant feeling.

It is I should say with a cool smile "just about it.."
sUrAbUyA says:
We didn't get to see this place.
Posted on: May 04, 2013