Expo Park

06-6878-5151

Expo Park Osaka Reviews

reikunboy reikunboy
A park in comemeration of the 1970 World expo Apr 20, 2008
Big large open space parks are a rarity in Osaka so if you feel the need to be out in the open, why not get down to Expo park, the home of the 1970 World Expo. After the World Expo the land was converted into a cultural park in comemeration of the event.

So what does the park have to offer us visitors.

Well seeing that it's a cultural park, it has two interesting musuems, the Musuem of Ethinolgy which gives us a glimpse of other countries cultures and indigenous groups such as the Ainu people of Hokkaido

The other musuem is the Japan folk art musuem that has exhibits of handcraft from Okinawa to Hokkaido.The exhibits are either textiles, wooden craft and bamboo wares.

Well it's a park your thinking why don't you tell us about the gardens, the flowers. Well Expo park is one of the best places in Osaka to see the cherry blossoms unfortunately they have finished blooming for the year.Other than cherry blossoms though they do have a traditional Japanese garden with large ponds and the largest koi(carp) I have ever seen swimming in the ponds looking for visitors to drop some bread into their gulping mouths. The garden also has a zen rock garden and a couple of tea houses.

Other gardens include a beautiful tulip garden with all different coloured tulips planted in rows and a rose garden in the Summer

Your now thinking this place sounds alright but what does it have for kids. I think this place has the coolest slides, jungle gyms and sand pits that I have seen in a park. If I were that little bit younger I'd

be playing in that area all day long and would surely thow a tantrem when it's time to go.

For you guys who like to find a bargain the park also has a flea market and for you sports fans it is the home of Gamba Osaka who plays in the Japan soccer league
japanese garden
turtles enjoying the sun
fish having a big feed
pond with japanese stone lantern

Related Travel Blogs About Expo Park

2010 04 04 - Osaka day 5
On travbuddy.com I had received a welcome message from Yasuyo. She also pointed me to a forum topic (http://www.travbuddy.com/travel-blogs/52404/Cherry-Blossom-meetup-Expo-Park-15) about a Cherry Blo…Expo (Banpaku) Park in Osaka. All I had to do was show up at Ticket Gate 3F, Takarazuka line, Hankyu…
The Cherry Blossom meetup @ Expo Park
It's time to enjoy cherry blossoms viewing in Japan. I and Ayaka organized the cherry blossoms meetup in this year...we held it last year too,but it couldn't make by rainy. We had a lot of rainy days…Expo park since 1970...there is a strange symbol,"tower of the Sun" built by  Taro Okamoto .  The member are: Yasuyo    Ayaka   Peetah…

Check Osaka Hotel Deals