Exploring the Land of the Rising Sun

Japan

Exploring the Land of the Rising Sun Reviews

debamalya debamalya
Exploring the Land of the Rising Sun is a Blissful Experience Feb 22, 2013
Travelling had been my passion and quest for the last 10 years. This was one of the reasons why my New Year resolution this time was exploring Japan by taking at least a month. Well, I strongly feel that although the charm and beauty of European and American countries are inexplicable, something beguiles me more towards the Asian countries, and Japan surely counts to be one among them.

Loitering around the shopping malls, trying sushi and tempura, visiting the ancient monasteries and taking train rides were some of the activities I always wanted to do at any cost while exploring Japan. In my school days, my history books told me a lot about Japan’s rich culture, profound history, gracious hospitality and exclusive dishes. Probably, this was the biggest reason why I wanted to visit the Land of the Rising Sun.

Although the best time to visit Japan is between March and May in Spring, and between September and November in autumn, I had a curiosity to explore this nation in the month of January. Once I got down at the Tokyo International Airport, I was completely taken aback to find countless tourists getting restless to take cabs and buses.

I realized then why should one not aim to explore Japan during January. Despite, you will never feel bad about it.

Now, it was time to set out for the journey. Well, I took out my list which I prepared by visiting the website Cherryful.com. What I liked about the website is that it said everything about Japan ranging from its culture, food, fashion to gifts. Indeed, it helped me a lot to know interesting facts about Japan, and this was one of the reasons why I got fascinated towards visiting this country.

Although there are a lot of destinations to be explored in Japan, I aimed to visit a few since I only had a month’s time. To be honest, I managed to visit the following:

• Japan Alps – series of snow-topped mountains

• Dewa Sanzan – three holy mountains

• Sado Island – an Island off Niigata

• Shiretoko National Park – a fascinating wilderness

• Mount Fuji – highest peak in Japan

• Yakushima – World heritage site declared by UNESCO

While visiting all these famous sightseeing venues in Japan, I got financially benefitted from the Japanese rail pass which I luckily collected from one of the rail stations during my visit to other places. This helped me travel with ease by the majority of JR trains without burning holes in my pocket.

Language seemed a problem for me initially. However, I feel that if you understand English, exploring Japan will never be a problem for you. Secondly, I had to struggle a bit with my credit card. What I discovered about the Japanese banking system was that you can only shop with your credit card; that’s it!! Well, it would be better if you can get in touch with a Japanese banker online and get some tips on debit and credit cards.

Well, it’s obvious for travelers, especially those from foreign lands to go wrong in making plans for exploring a new country. Moreover, it’s easy to know about sightseeing locations of a country. However, it’s extremely important to know small things that can keep you confident while exploring unknown lands.

So, if you are making plans for Japan, here are 8 crucial tips that might help you. Have a look:

1. Visit Japan during spring or autumn if you want to avoid unpredictable weather conditions.

2. Get a Japan Railways Pass prior to leaving home. Believe it or not, you are sure to benefit a lot.

3. Try to learn a few basic Japanese words. It really helps in case you meet someone who has practically no idea of English.

4. Do not miss the rice recipes with chicken. Sushi and tempura are no doubt common.

5. Aim for the trains and not the cabs for travelling from one city to another in Japan. You will surely save your pocket.

6. Shop online in advance for the best accommodation prices so that you don’t end up paying more while staying in Japan.

7. Visit the 99 Yens hops for shopping. If you are willing to shop within your means, this is the place where you should be.

8. Do not miss Japanese nightlife. If you are visiting Tokyo, you are sure to return with thrilling experiences.
Japan Map