Explorer of the Seas

Florida, United States

Explorer of the Seas Reviews

FishAtHeart FishAtHe…
My Second Favorite Ship Feb 26, 2009
My second favorite cruise ship in the Royal Caribbean fleet is the Explorer of the Seas. We sailed an Eastern Caribbean itinerary on this ship, and this was our first experience on, at that time, one of the biggest ships.

Explorer (part of the Voyager class) offers so much to do! One very unique feature at the time of our sailing was the Royal Promenade. This midsection of the ship is like walking down a city street. It is spacious - 4 decks high. The is the heart of shopping, food, and entertainment. My favorite was Sprinkles (since taken out) frozen yogurt/ice cream bar complete with all the toppings. Every evening a group of us would stop there for a snack loading the frozen dessert with lots of colorful sprinkles!

The pub features live entertainment singing popular songs and old favorites. The later in the evening the more fun you have. You can sit inside or out on the "street."

The pool area is big and provides lots of space for sunbathing. You have to get there early in the morning if you want prime spots by the pool.

Kids and adults can climb the large rock wall, play a variety of court sports, putt-putt golf, inline skating track, and plenty of organized activities. There is an ice skating rink onboard where a great production show is held during the trip. Skates are available to use.

Of course, the dining room and theater areas are huge, and able to handle lots of people. The performers in the shows are super and work hard at providing quality entertainment.

What made this ship second on my list was probably the great experience we had while sailing. The ship was fairly new at the time, and we were curious about the bigger ship. It didn't disappoint us!
PhinsAndGills says:
A ship I have yet to sail upon.
Posted on: Feb 26, 2009