Exploradores Outdoors

Costa Rica
Exploradores Outdoors - The view of the sink.  You have to love the aversion to walls or ceilings of any kind.
Exploradores Outdoors - The best raft outfit ever!
Exploradores Outdoors - PS - you are going to get wet!!!
Exploradores Outdoors - Celebrating!
Exploradores Outdoors - Our guides - these guys were AMAZING.  Talented, sweet, funny and fun to be around.

Exploradores Outdoors Reviews

ezwriter ezwriter
Raft trips and adventure trips in Costa Rica Oct 23, 2009
I do not have enough good things to say about my experience with Exploradores Outdoors. These guys were a dream to travel with - - from start to finish. I was picked up from my San Jose hotel - - on time - - by a professional driver and guide. On the van ride over to base camp we were given a mix of safety tips, tour guide information and humor. Safety was big with these guys and with good reason. The Pacuare River is one of the top 5 rivers in the WORLD (by National Geographic) for rafting - - but it is a challenging river.

Breakfast was fantastic and hearty. Just what we would need for the river to come.

The equipment was in good condition and again - - the focus on safety was admirable. Our guide checked every single life vest and helmet to make sure it was on correctly. We spent the first 15 minutes of the trip going over safety information INCLUDING practicing the moves in the boat in real time. This proved INVALUABLE when our entire raft (with the exception of the guides) went into the river in the middle of a large, at least level 4 rapid. What could have been a crisis was handled with AMAZING speed and skill by the entire team - - the guides and the kayakers that were accompanying our trip.

The river itself is just amazing and I think October is a good time of year to visit. We had the river to ourselves and were able to really soak in the beauty of the rainforest without the squawking of tourists and a river over-run with other boats.

A word of caution: it started to rain at the end of our trip and within an hour it was a different, angrier river. I would advise taking this trip in good weather and consider postponing if rain is an issue. Would not recommend it for kids under 15 - - and only teen-age kids with prior raft experience.
Our guides - these guys were AMAZI…
PS - you are going to get wet!!!
The view of the sink. You have to…
Costa Rica Map