Exmouth Dive Centre

The Royal Avenue, Exmouth, Australia

Exmouth Dive Centre Reviews

sshaunaa sshaunaa
Recommended Whale Shark Tour Operator for Divers May 06, 2009
I went with Exmouth Dive Centre on April 30 2009 for a day long whale shark tour. There are several operators in the area but I decided to go with them as they are located adjacent to my accommodation (Potshot Hotel) and they seem to be a reputable dive centre.

If you're looking for a company to do a whale shark tour, this company gives you an option to do a dive in a morning before the whale shark adventure begins. If you're not into diving, I would recommend another company.

I decided not to pay $60 extra for a dive, so at the first stop to snorkel in the morning, we were actually at a dive site. For the 3 of us not diving, there was nothing to see / do but float around on the water.

For divers, I heard it was quite good.

The crew on board we very friendly, approachable, light hearted gang. The lunch provided included pasta salad, tuna salad, potato salad, a tray of cold cuts and roast chicken and a giant fruit tray for dessert.

As for whale sighting, most of the companies share spotter planes and we were swimming with a whale shark by 10:30. For us, the time when another boat was having their turn with the whale shark gave us some time to catch our breath and relax. It didn't mean we were sitting around for a half hour waiting. It seemed like we were always either jumping in the water, in the water or getting out of the water! We had the chance to swim with the whale shark 7 times that morning for about 10 minutes each time.

Some girls I know when with Ningaloo Reef Dreaming, which is the only company I know of that has their own plane. They didn't see a whale shark all day.

All of the companies offer a "no sighting policy". So if you are unlucky and don't see a shark, you can go again for free.

For $385, it's a very expensive day, but for me it was well worth it. If you're in the area and are thinking about doing a tour and are a diver, I recommend this company.

In the few days I was in Exmouth, King Diving had one of their boats break down and so did Ningaloo Reef dreaming. As far as I know, this company didn't have any mechanical problems!
whale shark

Related Travel Blogs About Exmouth Dive Centre

Zomaar weer een mail van mij...
  02-10-2006Vandaag het National Park van Exmouth bezocht voor alle bezienswaardigheden; Vlamingh head lighthouse gereden, daarna Jurabi turtle centre ( een zeekust waar schildpadden jaarli…Exmouth Dive Centre in ons caravan park. Nadat iedereen er was vertrokken we naar de Marina Park (haven) waar…
Yardie Creek, more beaching and a beaut-i-ful sunset
Well today didn't quite turn out the way I thought it would. I had faxed my registration to Ningaloo Reef Dreaming on Tuesday to do two day dives and a night dive on Navy Pier. The woman at the count…Exmouth Diving Centre and their dive tour had left a half hour ago), I had to figure out something…
A full plate of whale shark, with a side order of seasickness
Today was whale shark day, a day I've been looking forward to ever since I knew I was going to be living in WA. All I can say is that I definitely wasn't disappointed! OMG it was an amazing feeling t…Exmouth Diving Centre for 6:50am, which is convienently located next door to my hostel, Potshot Hotel. Once everyone…

Check Exmouth Hotel Deals