Exeter Whistle Stop

(559) 592-1100

Exeter Whistle Stop Reviews

X_Drive X_Drive
May 08, 2007
While I was in Exeter a while back photographing the murals in this great little community I say this unique establishment. Can you believe that two years ago this was an empty lot next to a donut shop? The owner, Sherry Forcum decided to make it a great diner. Its just breakfast and lunch at the present, but she has plans for the future to open for Friday and Saturday evening dinners. The customers say that the omelets are the best of anywhere around and she prides herself on serving the best homemade biscuits and gravy. "It's something you just can't find much anymore." she says. She also likes to send people away full so be prepared for large portions. The food is great, the place is clean, the prices are very good, and oh yeah, the donuts are super!
X_Drive says:
Yes, Portland is much greener than any part of our San Joaquin Valley!
Posted on: May 30, 2011
kpdxham says:
Still the same in May 2011! My wife,her father were staying in Exeter a few days and my brother-in-law told us about this place.I'm very glad he did!I had the Omelette with Avocado slices on top. Sorry I don't remember the name, but I sure remember it was the best Omelette I've ever had in at least 50 years of trying them at various restaurants! The Hash Browns and Coleslaw are better than others I've had over the years also.
On Friday's they have Fish & Chips, FRESH ones!
If we had been there longer I could have tried more on the menu, but we had to come home to "green" Portland, Oregon.
Posted on: May 30, 2011