Exeter International Airport

Exeter International Airport - Airport Frontage

Exeter International Airport Reviews

johngayton johngayt…
My Local Airport Mar 07, 2017
During the summer of 2016 I flew in and out of Exeter airport on several occasions. It is the closest airport to where I live and despite its small size it has a remarkably diverse range of destinations that it serves. There was a time, when I lived in Broadclyst, when I could literally leave home 40 minutes before my flight was scheduled to take off. Having pre-printed my boarding pass I could cycle to the airport in 10 minutes, get straight through security and immigration and be in the departure lounge with 20 minutes before boarding. It takes a little longer these days, about three hours, but it is still a very accessible airport for me.

As airports go I almost enjoy flying in and out of Exeter. Most flights I use are those of the semi-budget carrier FlyBe, most of whom's aircraft are relatively small - which means that there's never any major queuing to do. Both boarding and deplaning are usually painless and when flying in I'm usually landside within 10 minutes of touch-down.

The airport facilites are fairly basic with a coffee shop pre-security and a small cafe bar airside but that's all it really needs. There are, of course, a couple of shops selling over-priced stuff that you don't really want, a more useful WH Smith if you've neglected to pack your holiday reading, a free-to-use ATM and a very-expensive-to-use Travelex currency exchange.

FlyBe, who's hub the airport is, offers flights to over 30 UK and European cities. Other operators include Skybus (to the Isles of Scilly), Air Transat (to Toronto, Canada) as well as various summer charter operations such as Balkan Holidays to Bulgaria, First Choice to Greece and many others.

Yep, I like this airport and for the budget conscious the burger van on the car park is the place for lunch!
Airport Frontage
Bus Stop Into The City
#56 Bus From St Davids Railway Sta…
The Eggscellent Burger Van
planxty says:
I've never been through there but it looks good. Ever flown from Newquay, that is an experience!
Posted on: Apr 29, 2017
AdamR3723 says:
A good review of a practical-sounding airport.
Posted on: Mar 21, 2017