Excel Inn Hotel

Check Kuala Lumpur Hotel Deals

Excel Inn Hotel Kuala Lumpur Reviews

gingerbatik gingerba…
Cheap Hotel at Chinatown Dec 17, 2012
Hotel located at Petaling Street, in the middle of Chinatown market. If you don’t know Petaling Street, it is a wee bit difficult to find the entrance as the entrance was covered by many shops from the front. I didn’t book the hotel from the website, basically I just enter the front door and ask the reception if they have room available and if possible to check the room first before I stay there. There also several hotels nearby available if you didn’t get room in this hotel.

The reception is friendly and let me check several rooms until I find the one I like the most. The room I have is on the fourth floor (room 4002) with big window facing the street and the market. It is a big old room, design for 3 people consist of one big double bed, and one single bed, old television with working channels and have HBO movie as well, fully working air condition, dresser and very old bathroom with open shower, toilet and sink, so when I have shower, the whole floor get wet. Luckily the hot water is working and warm enough to have shower in the morning and night time. As a single traveler, this is kind of luxury to have lots of space in the room and can choose which bed to sleep to, and still some space for my big luggage. Unfortunately my next door neigh board is a wee bit noisy and talks very loudly and it appears they stay in the hotel permanently, and I am unable to change the room as the hotel was fully booked. Other than this I don’t have any complain and I can sleep at night with an ear plugs to keep the noise out. In addition to this, you can hear the banging noise from the shops downstairs when they open the shop in the morning and when they closed at midnight.

The price for the room I am staying is RM60 without breakfast (a very good value and it’s special discount from the hotel owner) as I stay three nights and only single person in the room. It is good price compare with other hotel nearby with this type of the room. And free wife in the room is included in the price. Drinking water machine is provided free of charge on each floor and there is small elevator for people who doesn’t want walk up the stairs to go to their room or go down. The elevator is very small and slow without air condition but it does the job especially after a long day exploring the city and tired feet.

The cleaner didn’t clean the room on daily basis; you need to ask for certain items such as soap, toilet tissue or change of towel and it will be given to you. The cleaner also able to do laundry for you and it cost RM1 per piece of cloth.

However, please note there were no map or information provide from this hotel. You can ask the reception how to go places if you want to go somewhere, and the reception will help you with it. Otherwise you can go to the big hotel and ask the reception or bellboy for the map or just collect the map from their brochure rack.

Overall, it is pleasant stay and I would recommend it to budget travelers who want clean and spacious room without any attachment to it. This is basic hotel but do the job nicely.
building