Evita Peron Museum

2988 Lafinur Street in the Palermo neighbourhood , Buenos Aires, Argentina

Evita Peron Museum Buenos Aires Reviews

binky binky
Nov 16, 2007
The Evita Peron museum opened in July 26, 2002 and his run by her grandniece Cristina. The building in which the museum is housed was originally used as a temporary home for women and children in 1948 and the structure is seen as a historical monument. The museum is open Tuesday – Sunday from 11AM – 7PM.

I have been interested in Eva Peron since I was around 15 so for me this was a no brainer, I had to go. The building is three stores, though they only use two of the floors. At first the museum seems sparse because there aren’t a lot of items on display. But a quarter of the way thorough I realized that the quality of items were pretty amazing.

Items included are clothing that Eva wore in famous photos, a letter from her mother and various other personal trinkets. The thing I liked best was probably the various film strips. Especially scenes from movies she was in and the footage of the funeral procession. I didn’t know that some of these items existed. Especially the footage of when they rediscovered the body of Eva 17 years after it went missing. Very interesting and a little disturbing.

I really felt that this museum was worth the time and the money and would encourage anyone with an interest in Eva Peron to go. It really was interesting and quite touching.

Related Travel Blogs About Evita Peron Museum

Once, san telmo & evita museum
LAST DAY IN BA!!!!It was about 9am, we had breakfast with some of the people who were going to the “LE TIGRE” excursion.  We brought our map to plan to visit ONCE, it is the Jewish neighborh…PERON MUSEUM On July 26, 2002, fifty years to the day after Evita’s death, her grandniece, Cristina Alvarez Rodriguez, inaugurated the Evita Museum in Buenos Aires

Check Buenos Aires Hotel Deals