Everything is safe during the day

San Francisco, California

Everything is safe during the day San Francisco Reviews

m49erfan m49erfan
Jul 05, 2007
You can walk anywhere during the day and nothing will happen to you in my city (San Francisco). Just be street savvy. Keep your purse closed and close to you, keep your head up and look assertive but not aggressive. If your tolerance level is high, you really won't even be uncomfortable. If it's not, then there are the transients and mentally ill people in the Tenderloin. And you'll know when you've gotten there. It smells terrible, it looks terrible, and there's really no reason to go there.

Nighttime is a little bit different. Pac Heights, Union Square, Fisherman's Wharf are all very safe to walk in at night by yourself. The two places I would avoid at all costs at night alone are again the Tenderloin and the Western Addition (otherwise known as the Projects). Now, the Projects are pretty clean and presentable during the day, but I would not walk there by myself at night. Even though I have. But it wasn't fun and I was scared. So don't do that. Avoid the Civic Center at night alone also.

Hey, as long as you have a buddy you can walk anywhere in SF. I lived in the Tenderloin and used to walk from my school library to my apartment after it closed every night and nothing bad ever happened to me. The cops in SF are way cool. They are there to protect you so scream if you run into any trouble.

Check San Francisco Hotel Deals