MacArthur Highway, Pampanga, Philippines
Everybody's Cafe Pampanga Reviews
Everybody's Cafe: Exotic and Authentic Capampangan Food near Manila Oct 21, 2010
For those who are into gastronomical adventures, I strongly recommend Everybody's Cafe in San Fernando, Pampanga. You think you got what it takes to be authentic Capampangan? Then let me see you try these exotic yet scrumptious dishes! :D
1. Fern Salad w/ Tomatoes, Salted Eggs and Onions -- try this as an appetizer; drizzle this with vinegar and you have a classic salad
2. Stuffed Batute -- Deep fried frog stuffed with ground pork and bits; tastes like chicken!
3. Kare-kare -- a classic Filipino dish made with ox tail and vegetables in peanut sauce; best eaten with bagoong (shrimp paste)
4. Morcon -- also a specialty; may come in half orders; rolled beef dish
5. Dinuguan -- pig's blood stew with pork and sometimes liver bits; exotic indeed. Need I say more?
6. Camaru -- better have this last as for some, this may take you aback from your appetite; deep fried field crickets sauteed in tomatoes and onions; It's not as bad as it sounds, it's even very much delicious! Really! You just gotta have some guts to take this!
7. Tsokolateng Batirol -- hand-squeezed native hot chocolate drink; To have something sweet for that adventurous palate
This place is an old restaurant. Parking is available. We came here as early as 9AM and they were open already.
2 / 2 TravBuddies found this review helpful/trustworthy
Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!