Everglades Hostel & Tours

Everglades Hostel & Tours Rates and Deals

Everglades Hostel & Tours Florida City Reviews

hydrochica hydrochi…
Retreat in southern Florida May 18, 2011
I drove to the Everglades to do some exploring in April for a couple days. I "crashed" in the gazebo of the Everglades hostel for the night prior to entering the park. It was a quirky place with Euro travelers, free pancakes in the AM, kayak and canoe rentals, and ancient male hippies wandering the premises in search of free rent/place to pitch their tent in exchange for chores. I strapped a kayak on my rental car in the morning and headed into the park, stopping at the highly trafficked "Robert Is Here" fruit stand in the morning for a famed milkshake (key lime) as a last piece of decadence before a few days of minimalism and solitude in the swampy mangroves. When I came back, I took a quick shower in the outdoor shower, though I would have loved to have time to walk through the waterfall/pond on the grounds, but had to be on my way. Everyone was very helpful and casually friendly. There were 3 primary sleeping options: crash in the gazebo (pretty inside, but smells a little like hippie-boy feet, not gonna lie, but super cheap $15 and communal, use a clean sheet to sleep on), there is space to pitch a tent ($15?), and finally the dorm rooms (or private for a bit more) looked a bit more comfy and clean for a mere $10 more/night. Always all you can eat pancakes included. This is also a great stop to plan tours or rent equipment (i.e., bikes, canoes, kayaks). Highly recommended. Owhn is great.

Check Everglades Hostel & Tours Rates and Deals