Amsterdam, Netherlands

Eurotrip Amsterdam Reviews

erios29 erios29
Keeping it cheap in amsterdam! Apr 13, 2011
Amsterdam is a beautiful city, not only for it´s well known canals, it´s liberal spirit, and for their unique design. A rainy city, that can be cold specially if you come from tropical countries, but can warranty you it will change once you walk through their cozy streets!

It can be expensive, so to keep it cheap, booka place specially in the street behind dam square, i would recomend spring the best time of the year to visit! especially aprl 30th, which is a national holiday, Queen´s day, it is a massive party on the streets, with such a great vibe, that you would easily pay for something like that in other countries, all the people are on the streets, from kids to granparents! really? Also get a pass at the tourist office, to enjoy the disccounts at museum, i recommend you van gogh, and rikjsmusseum.

Visit "the market" taking tram 16 or 24, large street, when you can get all kind of stuff, from clothes to groceries, it is possible to get good food (cheap), make sure you go before 6pm!

At night go to leidsplein, all kind of restaurants, cafe to just sit and enjoy a capuccino, and clubs to dance if you are into that! I would recommend 3 nights in amsterdam to have an overview of great overview of the city!
wanderlass wanderla…
Jun 28, 2007
Amsterdam is a good city to start and then you can travel downward to Belgium, France, Germany, Switzerland, Italy, Spain. First you decide how much time you have. Then you choose the cities you want to visit. Like Nzelvis I recommend 3-4 days in major cities like Paris, Madrid, Barcelona, Rome, etc and 1-2 days in smaller towns. It's better to visit less city and see more than more cities and spend all your time in transit.

There are plenty of good deals on low cost airlines especially if you book a month or more ahead. Here's a link to a list where you could start. My personal favorites are veuling and ryanair.

If you have friends, cousins, aunts, old boyfriends in any Europe city, it's a good idea to visit them (ok, maybe not the old bf, he he, but then again, why not?! hi hi) as they will be able to give you a good tour, worthy places to visit, and most probably free lodging too. :)

Good Luck on your trip! I had a blast last May-June, 2007 and I'm looking forward to visiting more cities in Europe soon. :)

Related Travel Blogs About Eurotrip

28 juillet-- Amsterdam et lundi á Paris
Bonjour!My weekend was pretty cool; we went to Amsterdam, the Netherlands, which was neat. Lots of wacky people there, since prostitution is legal and so is pot (well, somewhat- in small quantitie…Eurotrip thing. We got the Amsterdam about 2:30 and by the time we got a tram pass and got to the hostel…
Back to Cologne we go...
Tuesday, September 11, 2007 On Ice-DB (aka Speed Train) on route to Koln.  To stay for one night and then back home we will go.  Contemplating on the great things that happened throughout …hope we all can take more Eurotrips together.  I heart Koln, Brussels, Prague, and Amsterdam.  Till we meet again =) …

Check Amsterdam Hotel Deals