European Deli

149 North Fairview Avenue, Goleta, CA, USA

European Deli Goleta Reviews

keeweeset keeweeset
Apr 17, 2007
This deli sells a huge variety of different sausages it is truly amazing. The meat loaf and other items on the menu are home made. I enjoyed the potato salad and the red cabbage but I was not so sure about the Sauerkraut since it was sweet and not sour. That was a bit unusual for me at least; it might depend on what region the owner of the deli is from. The owner, dressed in a Dirndl just like the servers, was nice and started talking German to us since my boyfriend was wearing a shirt with a German flag on it. It was nice practicing my German for a bit.

They also sell a few German products like Semmel Knödel, Gummibärchen, Spätzle, Marzipan, Sauerkraut, Rote Beete, Kinder Schokolade, Katjes candy and many other things. Of course, I could not resist and bought a few things, ok maybe more than a few.

The interior looks very much like one of those chalets they have in Bavaria and Austria with the deer horns, hunters’ hats as decorations, and a big poster of the Newschwanstein Castle. I almost found it a bit too cheesy but I would go back there just because of the sausages. =)

The deli is situated in the Fairview Center, the strip mall where Vons and OSH are.
Photo: http://www.santabarbara.com…