Average rate: $29 - Hotel class: 1 star

Eurohostel Rates and Deals

Eurohostel Helsinki Reviews

SylwiaG SylwiaG
Very nice hostel in a great location Jan 05, 2016
I had the opportunity to spend 5 days in this hostel. The hostel is in a great location, with very good facilities. On each floor is a large, very well-equipped kitchen. The bathrooms are nice, spacious, clean and the rooms are simple, functional furnishings(locks are closed on the cards). Each room has a TV, a spacious wardrobe and a comfortable bed. The hostel is clean, quiet, affordable, and of course with sauna. I would highly recommend to all visitors to Helsinki!
SylwiaG says:
Unfortunately, I do not have any photos inside. But on the hostel website they are and I can guarantee that the hostel inside looks just like the pictures. This hostel I can honestly recommend.
Posted on: Jan 18, 2016
cotton_foam says:
I will look into this hostel, as I'm looking for a hotel/hostel to stay in Helsinki this coming springtime. Thank you for writing this review. Any pictures though?! :))
Posted on: Jan 14, 2016
hujera hujera
Hostel near the city centre Jul 02, 2013
This is based on my own experience, so, please, take it like that.

I checked-in and got my key card. The reception was a kind of all right, not very warm welcoming though. Well, a cheap hostel is obviously not a place, where people should feel too much like at home. It was a kind of neutral feeling - nothing too positive, nothing too negative.

I got a key (plastic card) and went to the room. The room was quite all right (a bit shabby, but I don't mind this). I checked the kitchen and bathroom - I need to say, that it was, what I expected, quite acceptable too.

I was checked-in to the room 220. And that was the start of the bad experience with the hostel. I returned in the evening after exploring Helsinki and was shocked. In the room there were 2 guys sleeping in one bed, and the room was stinking by alcohol. I made a complaint at the reception, so they moved me to another room 224.

So I thought, that this would be alright for the second night, that I had booked at the hostel. No, it wasn't. In the neighbouring room, there were foreign youngsters partying at 1am, shouting, banging the door etc. I went personally to tell them to stop, but the guy was just looking at my by a drunk look. I wasn't bothered to go again to the reception, just left in the morning as early as possible.

My conclusion is, that the hostel is just for drunk people, even local ones (because of the price) and those, who want just to party and are not really interested in the city itself.

Next time I would definitely avoid this hostel after the bad experience.
JasperO JasperO
Big but very clean! Aug 21, 2013
During mine stay in Helsinki I arrived by ferry from Tallinn with the Viking line. The location of the boat in the harbour was just 2 minutes from the hostel.

The hostel itself is quite big and has more than 100 rooms. Nevertheless the hostel is very clean and it contains about 6 floors with on every floor enough rooms, a men bathroom/toilet, a women bathroom/toilet and a common kithen. You don't have to wear all your lugage on the stairs to one of the floors, because there is also a big elevator.

The room was good, has enough space and was very clean. There were two single beds in the room and enough wardrobe. In the room was also a television, but for watching television you have to pay extra cost. For the Wifi you also have to pay extra costs.

The bathroom (both at the man and the woman) were very clean and good. They also were quite new.

From the hostel you can walk in 10 minutes to the city center at the market at the harbour.
The hostel from the street
The sign of the hostel
One of the rooms in Eurohostel, He…
One of the rooms in Eurohostel, He…
hujera says:
Lucky you, that you didn't have noisy neighbours. ;-)
Posted on: Aug 21, 2013
ifung3 ifung3
Feb 09, 2011
Staffs are very helpful and nice there! Even though there's no bathroom in every single room, the share bathroom and shower are extremely clean and tidy! There is share bathroom and shower and kitchen on each floor.

However, the stove in kitchen was a bit dirty and smelly after turned on for while.
sapoleon sapoleon
small, clean Apr 17, 2008
The hostel is near the center, and the port.

The price is a bit high, but all the prices were high in Finland.

The room was nice, the beds small, but not bad.

The bathroom was always clean with hot water and soap.

They don't freely give internet, so if you want, you have to hire per day basis a small dongle to connect to your laptop for 5 euro and they don't have enough... I couldn't get one. The only pc that is in the lobby, for all the rest of the mortals, cost, when available 8 euro an hour!!!

The hostel bar and restaurant, was nice served, and with moderated prices (for Finland).
room 1

• Hair Dryer
  • TV
  • Desk
  • Facsimile
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shared Bathroom