Eton Hotel

Check Shanghai Hotel Deals

Eton Hotel Shanghai Reviews

kkrater kkrater
A B-Side Westin Jul 24, 2010
The best description I can give to this hotel is that it's a B-side Westin. The room is designed just like the Westin, except not as good...

When Michelle and I arrived at the Hotel the bellhop ran right by Michelle (who was lugging a suitcase) and offered to help me. Sure thats nice, but could you help the lady instead? Haha I guess this was something we encountered quite frequently in China, help the white person first. Upon Check-in we noticed something wasn't quite right. Regardless of its dubious 5-star rating by the Chinese government, everything about this place was a step down. The service wasn't that great, the rooms were ok (even a bit dirty) and nothing in the design seemed to fit. The price was right and it was luxurious enough, but it can't compare to a true 5-star hotel.

The room layout was identical (albeit quite a bit smaller) than the room we had in the Westin Guangzhou. The halls and lobby were filled with gaudy and ugly art. No free internet, except in the lobby. There were even stains on the carpet in our room. We went to the pool, which was decent, but I noticed grit on the floor of the hot tub. Certainly not 5-star quality.

The hotel is located right next to Pudong Avenue station on line 4. This meant it was easy to get into the center of town, but there was nothing around the hotel itself.

Overall, I can't say whethere I'd recommend this hotel or not. Since the Intercontinental was only $25 more a night, I'd say spend the extra money and stay there.
kkrater says:
It was about $90, I believe
Posted on: Aug 01, 2010
pacificscorpio says:
thanks for the much was it per night here ?
Posted on: Aug 01, 2010