Etihad Airways

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates

Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Reviews

harryj harryj
Would definitely recommend Etihad Airways Sep 13, 2012
Very impressed with Etihad Airways. I flew with them to Abu Dhabi, and they were excellent. A friend of mine told me that BA use their older planes on this route (so smaller screens, etc) so I didn’t fancy making that mistake so booked with Etihad directly online. Sadly, I could only afford economy class and I didn’t get an upgrade but I would happily fly them again.

I was expecting Heathrow to be very busy and it was. I had never flown from Terminal 4 before but got there and there were people rushing around everywhere and I looked over at the Etihad desks and they were empty. Empty with passengers that is. The staff were patiently waiting for people to check-in. So I went straight to the front and checked it. A very pleasant girl checked me in and did the usual “did you pack your bags routine” but she asked about how my day had been which felt a lot more personal and friendly. I selected an aisle seat (I hate having to ask people to move when I need the loo) and headed on through security, which, despite the ridiculous number of people in the terminal, was very easy to get through too.

Once at the gate, it didn’t take us long to get boarded and again on board, the crew greeted me with a smile and directed me to my seat. It was a 2-4-2 layout on the A340 which seemed quite spacious. It was clean and tidy but it was quite warm on board (which turned much cooler once we got started). It was a quick taxi and take-off and before long I was being served dinner. One of the great things is that you get to choose from three menu choices with Etihad rather than just two (although more on this later). The food was very tasty and served with a smile, while watching a film on their very good entertainment system. I had a browse of the entertainment system onboard and there was a good selection of music, tv programmes, films and games. I noticed that there were a lot of foreign films too so they obviously consider their international passengers. Before long, it was time to sleep. I hate sleeping in seats but there was plenty of legroom so that I could stretch my legs out and the recline of the seat was good too. The eye mask they give you didn’t fit my face properly (I sadly have quite a big nose, no honestly) so I could have done with cutting a slit in the nose part to make it more comfortable but I put it on anyway to try and block out the guy next door’s screen.

I stirred a couple of times in the night but nothing major and woke to the smell of food. Sadly by the time they got to me I had the option of chicken (for breakfast) or chicken. So chicken it was. I didn’t think I would like it at that time of the morning but the food was lovely and I got quite a lot on my tray. These took a little time to be collected back up and before long we were coming in to land. It had gone so quickly and I felt I didn’t have enough time to even experience it but I enjoyed it. Landing in Abu Dhabi it was quick to get through passport control and get my bag and I was out in a taxi 20 minutes after landing.

The flight back was practically the same. From start to finish the staff were lovely. This time I got to choose from the three meals for both my meals. No chicken breakfast for me! And I got to watch another film that I had been meaning to watch. The flight was quicker on the way back. When you think about how far you are flying, the time travelling is actually much more manageable. This time it was 3-4-3 which seemed a bit more crammed in but the seats were just as comfy and the flight went very quickly.

Overall I was very impressed with them. Staff on board were lovely and I had no complaints about the seats. An upgrade would be nice for next time though!
hayley499 hayley499
great airline Mar 06, 2011
I flew to bangkok with etihad and the flight was great plenty of leg room staff were flight entertainment on seat backs with a good choice of things to watch. Food was good the only thing i can fault was that i had to change planes in abu dhabi and the airport there isnt the best quite small theres no bar so i was kinda just hanging around with not a lot to do how ever i would defo fly with etihad again they really were very good
Adrian_Liston Adrian_L…
My new favourite airline Feb 01, 2009
I have a new favourite airline. We flew Etihad Airways because it was the cheapest flight from Sydney to Brussels, by several hundred dollars. That is enough for me, I'm never one to pay extra for an airline of my choice. I was, however, extremely impressed right from the start. The economy class seats had two different level controls, to tilt and for back support, making them more comfortable than the regular seat. The food was outstanding for airline food (and they remembered my vegetarian request), along with snacks and drinks (including free alcohol). Each seat had its own TV, and there were hundreds of movies in stock on demand, with pause, play, fast-forward and rewind available (very nice, considering most airlines disable "on demand" in their economy seats so as to up-sell business class). The headphones were also of very high quality (actually I wore them while I sleep because they were that good at blocking the sound), and for the overnight flight we were provided with a flightpack (ear-plugs, mask, toothbrush and toothpaste, socks).

Abu Dhabi Airport (the base of Etihad Airways) is also very nice, with banks of free computers to use the internet and free wifi throughout the terminal. They also provide free shuttle buses to Abu Dhabi and (saving hundreds of dollars) even to Dubai, if you booked ahead. As another small touch, we arrived at the airport four hours early, and Etihad Airways let us check-in, unlike other airways that make you wait holding for bags until three hours before the flight. Compared to other airlines, flying economy class with Etihad I felt like I was flying business class.
MnM4me says:
The worst between all Airlines, they are obviously cheaters, My nightmare started when booked a ticket for my family from Abu Dhabi to Frankfurt round trip, and since not sure about the return I booked it refundable with extra charge, when I decided to refund the ticket, they simply said its nonrefundable, why?!! Because you booked only one way refundable!!!
Why are they offering refund option? Why do they ask you to pay more for this option and at the end they just tell you it’s not! Refundable,
Why they don’t allow you to contact any manager to have proper answers, only call center where you get provoked through single answer repeated all the time “this is the rules”!!!
Posted on: Oct 14, 2014
Stigen says:
I think all intercontinental drinks should oofer free drinks , and movies.... I get really unimpressed if they charge for water ! like Thomson airlines !
Posted on: Mar 06, 2011
vvicy1 says:
I love Air Etihad! I had an amazing two flights with them from Delhi via Abu Dhabbi, through to Paris last year! The best economy airline ever, def compares to Business Class in the UK!!
Posted on: Feb 25, 2009

Related Travel Blogs About Etihad Airways

Flight to Munich
At early afternoon we had a flight to Munich in Germany. On next  we have planed the flight to the Abu Dhabi and Bangkok. We stayed at my colleague's friend. He is an Upper Silesian guy, who spe…Etihad airways, the best airways in the world in year 2009. Abu Dhabi was our transfer city. We saw only…

Check Abu Dhabi Hotel Deals