Estia

1407 Locust Street, Philadelphia, PA, USA

Estia Philadelphia Reviews

mrgishi mrgishi
Jan 12, 2008
You don't find many upscale Greek restaurants in the US, but that's a real shame. Estia is just that. Located in the heart of downtown Philadelphia across from the Academy of Music, Estia is a wonderful place with real character, a decor that transports you to another part of the world, excellent service, and tasty dishes. As soon as you walk through the door, you feel like you have left Philly as you hear the live Greek music and see the courtyard, bar, and dining area all nicely decorated with lots of wood, beautiful rugs, and stone ceilings. Even though the place is large, the tables along the walls are effectively separated into cozy little nooks. The service is friendly, cheerful and knowledgeable. Now to the best part ... the food! We started with three cheese stuffed grilled calamari and saganaki. The calamari was grilled to perfection with nice smoky and lemon flavors. Now Estia specializes in seafood of which they have a huge selection of Mediterranean fish priced by the pound. However, I could not resist the description of the arni piadakia: lamb chops marinated for three days in olive oil, lemon and fresh herbs. I was so delighted at my choice. These were by far the best lamb chops I've ever had. They smelled as great as they tasted. I usually have wine with dinner, but they had some fun sounding cocktails, so the basil lime martini I ordered went excellently with the lamb. I finished with semolina orange-lemon custard in phyllo dough. I don't often make repeat visits to out of town restaurants because I love variety, but I can't wait to go back to Estia.

Check Philadelphia Hotel Deals