Estadio Santiago Bernabéu

Madrid, Spain

Estadio Santiago Bernabéu Madrid Reviews

FoxyFauz FoxyFauz
Ole ole ole ole Nov 11, 2012
Visiting the Estadio Santiago Bernabeau was my top priority as I laid out my plan to visit Spain. I have been a Real Madrid FC fan for the longest of time (since I was in my teens and Raul Gonzalez was still very young)!! To be in this stadium was like a dream come true!

I did so on my 3rd day in Madrid. Getting to the stadium was easy enough since the metro station was named after the great man himself, Santiago Bernabeau. I had visited Barcelona FC stadium earlier during my trip (but I did not actually take the tour since I am a Real fan not Barca). So maybe, Barca FC is bigger in size?

As I walked towards the stadium, I felt like a little girl getting a big prize. I am finally here! This very stadium where all the great players have set foot at one point or another! We had to walk up like 6 floors to kick start the tour.

This is it! We get a view at the upper level of the stadium to get the Panaromic View of the Stadium! I am here!! I am here!!

The next part of the tour, we saw the Trophy Room! I could not pass off the opportunity to take picture of myself with every picture of Raul on the wall!! Looking back at those glorious pictures of Real winning the UEFA champions league, reminds me of those days whereby I had to wake up at 2.30 a.m. Singapore time to watch the game and going back to bed at 5.30 a.m. (I had to catch every moment of Raul or Fernando Morientes or Figo running with the trophy round the stadium) then getting ready to go to school (stone eyed) or taking half day urgent leave from work (when I just started working). Those were the days…I no longer wake up in the morning for the matches since Raul is no longer with Real.

Then we were offered 2 professional photo taking (1) with your favourite player (2) with the Cup. I requested for mine with Raul Gonzalez of course! The Spanish girl thought I wanted a photo with Raul Albiol. No! – me no want the current Raul, I want the original Raul Gonzalez, the favourite son of Spain. What they didn’t say was that we have to pay for the photographs, they kept saying take free pictures. I though the picture was free & to be taken as a souvenir for taking the tour. They should have stated clearly that its not free and state the price then, so that we are prepared. I mean as a die-hard fan, one would pay almost any price right? Just, I find it misleading.

Then we went to the Presidential Box to sit at the seats and just admire the stadium grandeur.

Next we went to the Pitch. Part of the alphabets forming the word REAL MADRID was missing due to the maintenance work.

Part 6 of the tour is the Players’ Tunnel, Benches and Coaching Area. Finally, I get to sit at the players’ bench. Nice – Audi custom made ☺

So this is how it feels like (I tell myself).

Part 7 is the Dressing Rooms. We saw the shower rooms (Raul used to shower here lol!) and they have a Jacuzzi? Real luxury for Real players ☺ Well for players who are paid millions a year and a club that earns millions a year, I guess this is no surprise.

Next stop was the Press Room where conferences with the Press are held. Hmm, so this is how it feels like to be in Jose Mourinho’s shoes. Definite hot seat!

The final stop (Part 9) is of course, the Official Real Madrid FC store. I am not very impressed by the store itself. I also almost argued with the cashier cause she would not accept my credit card. Damn it, I expected to be shopping more here then Barca Botega Store!

In conclusion, I was extremely happy to visit the Stadium and taken the tour. Raul may no longer be playing with Real Madrid FC but he is simply synonymous with the Club! I am just glad he doesn’t play in EPL esp Manchester United lol! And I am proud to say as a Real fan that I have visited the great stadium home to Real Madrid FC.
FoxyFauz says:
LOL! Si senor :)
Posted on: Nov 12, 2012
westwind57 says:
Hahaha, so you are actually a Raùl fan more than a Réal fan ;) Nice review Fauz, clearly written by an "aficionada"! Oh, and by the way... now you know where part of those millions come from ;)
Posted on: Nov 11, 2012