Essex Farms Hospitality

Essex Farms Hospitality - In the restaurant

Essex Farms Hospitality New Delhi Reviews

Toonsarah Toonsarah
Not all like the English county! Oct 17, 2015
A strange name for a restaurant in India, isn’t it? We were brought here by Rajeesh during our city tour and found it a little “grand” compared with the sort of lunch place we would have chosen for ourselves, but such is the nature of these tours. Other tables were clearly occupied by tourists in the same position, although I did note that locals were also eating here which was a good sign.

The lengthy menu includes both “Continental” (i.e. European) and Indian dishes. We didn't want a large lunch so just ordered a few starters including Aloo Chat and Murgh Chat, but portions were large compared with the same dishes at home so we ended up with quite a bit of food! I enjoyed my soup with saffron, cardamom and morel mushrooms, and the potatoes were also excellent. I didn't have any of the chicken but Chris liked that too, and the garlic naan was also good. He was less impressed with Jal Jeera, which he hadn’t realised was a drink (it was listed under starters) and which was very salty.

We paid about 1400 IR for these dishes and some soft drinks.
In the restaurant
Tasty soup
Aloo chat
Murgh chat
Toonsarah says:
I agree Sanjeev, by Indian standards (would be cheap for the UK btw) but what can you do?!
Posted on: Mar 20, 2017
sanfoodie says:
1400 inr for these dishes is a lot of money. Making money out of these things is a common practice for tour operators every where.
Posted on: Mar 20, 2017
german_eagle says:
All these sound quite exotic to me, but they look good!
Posted on: Mar 17, 2017