Esa Restaurant Cafe Bar de Mexico

38 Neustiftgasse, Vienna, Austria

Esa Restaurant Cafe Bar de Mexico Vienna Reviews

LeighBR LeighBR
Great Mexican in the Old World Oct 23, 2009
Saw this restaurant while in Vienna, but did not know if I would get the chance to try it. I am so glad that I was able to! It was the last night on a recent trip to Vienna and I was starving. I had been seperated from the group I was travelling with and was not sure what their dinner plans were or if they had already gone. Not wanting to wait any longer, I decided to check out this place by myself.

The enterance is into the bar/cafe part of the restaurant, with additional seating in a slightly sectioned off dining room. Low lighting, comfortable seating, latin music ranging from rock to salsa plays at a level which allows for conversation. It has a kind of laid back atmosphere, but the wait staff is pleasant and attentive. My waitress was great; although Austrian, she spoke great Spanish and was very prompt.

It was a rather slow night, but the patrons seemed pretty diverse. Groups of locals, Americans, Spainards, Mexicans could be heard conversing in their respective languages. I like that.

The food is authentic Mexican cuisine at very reasonable prices with large portions. The ingredients seemed fresh. I ordered mole chicken tacos which came with a mixed salad and a tasty balamic vinegrette dressing - no wilted or discoloured lettuce. The waitress also asked if I would like a spicy salsa with which I further doused my salad. The blending of the flavours - mole, balsamic vinegrette and una salsita picantita was delicious.

I stuck with red wine, but their mixed drinks looked good. Bar had the requisite mojitos, magaritas, a selection of tequilas and rum.

The owner is from Mexico and has done a great job brining some of the flavours of his country to share with the Old World. Enjoyed conversing with him and he made me feel at home in his establishment.

I had a very pleasant meal and thoroughly enjoyed the food. If I could give this place an overall rating of 4 1/2, I would. I would definitely return and recommend this place to anyone craving Mexican while in Vienna.
chicken tacos with mole sauce and …

Check Vienna Hotel Deals