Erzurum Evleri

Erzurum Evleri - Erzurum Evleri: Inside the museum

Erzurum Evleri Reviews

HORSCHECK HORSCHECK
Erzurum Evleri Jun 02, 2015
Erzurum Evleri consists of several traditional Turkish houses, which were converted into an interesting mixture of a restaurant and a museum. I was taken here by some local students who met me by chance in the city centre near the Lala Pasha Mosque.

They were quite happy to show me Erzurum Evleri, which is packed with Ottoman memorabilia especially all kinds of historic household goods. We had to put plastic protection over our shoes to enter the museum part of the restaurant.

Apart from the several museum rooms, there is also an outdoor terrace and a sort of hall for events with Turkish music. We had some Turkish tea and a few snacks together. I can't comment on the prices as I got invited by the students, which was another demonstration of Turkish hospitality.

On the internet I read that the menu offers a wide selection of Turkish dishes. Also it looks like an entrance fee of 2 TRY has to be paid, but I don't remember us paying anything to enter the place.

Directions: Erzurum Evleri is located in a small side street just about 50 metres south of the big street Cumhuriyet Caddesi from where it is even signposted.
Erzurum Evleri
Erzurum Evleri: Outdoor terrace
Erzurum Evleri: Inside the museum
Erzurum Evleri: Inside the museum
german_eagle says:
Great hospitality, indeed. LOL, it's the same with the plastic protection over the shoes at my dentist's practice :-)
Posted on: Mar 14, 2017