TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 539,562 travelers just like you!

Eric
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)

Name: Eric Bjorndahl
Hometown: Los Angeles, California, USA
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii, USA
Website: www.travbuddy.com
Join Date: November 15, 2005
Contributions: Eric has written about 477 places, shared 1,309 photos, left 5,355 comments, and smiled 5,327 times.
Countries I've Traveled To
Languages Spoken
english, mandarin (conversational), italian (conversational), latin
Interests
Books you might find in my backpack
Music you might find me listening to while waiting for my plane
Most Memorable Travel Experience
Went on a post-graduation trip to Europe with some of my good friends from college. On one of our last nights in Paris we went to a grassy hill by the steps of the Sacre Coeur to enjoy some wine and watch the sunset. Since the sun was setting too slowly for our tastes, we decided to pass the time by tackling each other on the grassy hill. The hill was pretty steep so if you got tackled you were rolling down at least 15 feet, which added an extra element of excitement to the whole affair.

The other tourists and locals sitting nearby would cheer or groan in sympathy after a particularly spectacular or painful looking tumble. Young 6-year old local kids would circle around us, cheering excitedly. All in all, it was a lot of fun and made even more memorable because it marked the last time a lot of us would see each other in a while.
Profile
I grew up in Los Angeles, went to school at UC Berkeley up in Northern California, and now I'm back in Los Angeles. I didn't realize how much I liked travel until I spent a semester abroad in Rome and had the opportunity to travel all around Europe. My family had taken me to different places when I was younger, but I don't think I fully appreciated the travel experience until I got a chance to figure out new things on my own.

One of the things I didn't like about being abroad was that there wasn't really a convenient, fun way for me to share my travel experiences with others. This site is an effort to remedy that. I hope you like it!

If you are visiting LA and need any tips send me a message. If I have time (and your profile isn't completely empty :P) I would also be happy to show you around.
DST says:
Hi Eric.
I have the same problem reported by the user "The-Jellyfish".
Please, can you help me to delete the friend requests that aren't answered and/or accepted? Unfortunately I have pending several friend requests that never were answered. It's causing me some problems with my account. I sent to you an e-mail the last 22 September, 2014 but until today my user is not working properly.
Thanks and I'm looking forward to your reply.
Best Regards!!
Posted on: Sep 26, 2014
The-Jellyfish says:
Hi Eric.
When I first joined Travbuddy, I added so many people as friends because I thought that I wouldn't be able to communicate with people unless I befriend them like in Facebook. Now, I have so many suspending requests that aren't accepted or rejected. It's causing lots of problems when I add people, I start losing some features.
Would you clear these requests, please?
RK
Posted on: Sep 12, 2014
Travellish says:
Hello again,
Apologies for disturbing. I guess my account is still blocked. Could you please kindly resent my account
All the best

Iyad
Posted on: Sep 10, 2014

Eric's Travel Blogs

Honeymoon in the Maldives
Jul 01, 2011 – Jul 03, 2011
Lisa and I just got married and decided to take a once in a lifetime trip to the Maldives for our honeymoon! We are spending 4 …
Overview 30 words 0 12 14
Denver 2010
Oct 04, 2010
Went to Denver for a friend's wedding and spent some time exploring the city and the nearby mountains.
Overview 63 words 14 18 46
Epsana 2010
Aug 26, 2010 – Sep 04, 2010
Brief trip through Spain with two friends. Originally planned to go up north to San Sebastian and the Basque coast to do some s…
Overview 503 words 0 11 31

Eric's Travel Reviews

Average priced "Hotels & Accommodations" in Mystic, Connecticut, USA
We stayed here at a friends wedding, and overall were very happy with the stay. The location is …
Ridiculously Expensive "Hotels & Accommodations" in Baa Atoll, Maldives
We originally were planning to spend 4 nights at Kuda Huraa and 4 nights at Landaa Giraavaru. We…
Ridiculously Expensive "Hotels & Accommodations" in North Malé Atoll, Maldives
I stayed in this hotel on my honeymoon in the Maldives, and it was by far the nicest hotel I hav…