Erakor Island Resort

Vanuatu

Erakor Island Resort Reviews

margmack margmack
Oct 18, 2006
After spending 5 nights at Le Meridian Port Vila I had to move due to lack of funds. Catching the free ferry over to Erakor Island I thought I was arriving in Paradise. The island itself can be circumnavigated by foot in about 10 minutes!!! and is just the perfect tropical island. Now there is the five star section of the resort consisting of various bungalows scattered around, and an over water restaurant, but My travel agent in Australia had mentioned the dormitory and we had booked it before my trip for only 2 nights not knowing what standard I would find. Put it this way... I wish I had spent the 7 nights right here. I think it was about AUD$30 per night (with brekkie)as opposed to AUD$250 for the villas......and with exactly the same friendly service and resort facilities and views accrosss the water. Basic 2 bunk rooms with bunk made up daily and the BEST and CLEANEST shared bathroom complete with fresh flower decoration daily! Little known budget accomodation....Try it for yourself!You won't regret it. P.S. ferry runs back to main island on request.....B.Y.O. food and drink supplies or splurge at the restaurant. I used to buy a single coffee and gaze down at the multicoloured starfish for hours...good place to chat to other visitors and the staff. Also could walk straight onto coral and see wonderful coral, fish and starfish etc..no snorkel even needed!?!
View accross to mainland from vera…
table at the resaurant.